No announcement yet.

[DL] 2pac forum Presents: DJ LV - 'That was Then, This Is Now The Mixtape" [DL]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DL] 2pac forum Presents: DJ LV - 'That was Then, This Is Now The Mixtape" [DL]

First I want to thank some people. There were alot people that helped me alot with getting the mixtape like how it is now.

I want to give some special thanks to 4 people that helped me the most:

[MENTION=369]Nikola: for mastering the mixtape, its so dope m8. The quality etc is so much better compared to the unmastered version. Big propz

[MENTION=1184]Draven: For the beatifull Cover. They looks dope as hell. Thank so much for the time u spend with it .

[MENTION=1]007: Thanks for all the support from the site. Like all the promotion etc. Really apreciate the support .

[MENTION=1054]Mr.Mind: This man helped me so much with the mixtape. Helping me with this beatifull cpus, helping me with some beats etc. And ofcourse all the feedback u gave.

I also want to thanks: [MENTION=608]MrMaroosh [MENTION=911]The Govenor [MENTION=842]D-Ace [MENTION=1946]DJ Cvince [MENTION=1579]SiK RyDa [MENTION=458]Big Exodus [MENTION=460]Uell and ofcourse thanks to the whole site.

Sorry if I forgot someone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mixtape have 2 Disc's

Disc One
    -The fist CD have 19 new mixes. This CD is beatifull mastered By Nikola. Disc one is the Main mixtape. The Bonus CD is not part of the main mixtape.

Disc Two
    The 2nd CD is a CD with 18 old remixes. Remixes from I am Tupac Shakur Mixtape vol.1 (2005), Catchin feelings'(2006) & alot other compilation mixtapes etc.
    This CD is not mastered, all these mixtape are exactly the same as when I dropped the mixes back in the past. Its just a Bonus for people that never heard the mixes
    or for people that want to hear some mixes back . Its nothing really big, just a bonus CD. I putted all my old mixes I personally like the most on this CD.

To make it more clear. Its not part of the main mixtape, its a bonus!

Mixtape Trailer:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Datpiff Link (only Disc One yet)

after 5 years finally a new mixtape by DJ LV. This mixtape have 2cd's. The first cd have 19 new mixes. The 2nd cd is a bonus cd with 18 old mixes. Just for the people that never heard it in the past. I will upload this bonus cd on Monday!! Enjoy it. Rate en describe please--------------- Sub My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LarsVerbNL

Download links

Disc One

Bonus Disc

Covers

I really will like it when people can drop feedback of the tape ofcourse

Front Covers

Disc Labels

Back Covers

Comment

Mixtape looks very professional... downloading now and droping feedback later.
      "Very nice. So what is it, *Mr.* Cocksucker now?...Lunch is for wimps."

Comment

Fuck ya! Been waiting for this, nice...

Comment

Thanks, I've been waiting ages for this, this must of taken up alot of your time, thanks again for this, gonna check it out now.

What's your favorite scary movie?

Comment

the wait is finally over

the best of the best has arrived!!!

I've had the honor of enjoying the previews of this mixtape the past 3 weeks and it has been some of the best remixes to hit the net in a long time..

mad props to DJ LV for all his hard work and dedication and mad props to those that helped out in deliverying this tape!!!!

thanks guys!!! and thanks you DJ LV!!!!

Comment

flames thus far. great job...and very professionally done. thanks!

Comment

downloading now
                F-N-F
                THE REMIX KING
                / Certified Music Critic

Comment

I'm not a fan of fan-mixes but this mixtape is hot!
                  It's one of the best mixtapes ever...
                  - very professional mixtape...
                  - very nice remixes... ( props [MENTION=856]LarsVerb .... + [MENTION=1054]Mr.Mind + [MENTION=842]D-Ace + [MENTION=1946]DJ Cvince )
                  - great audio mastering ( props [MENTION=369]Nikola )
                  - great mixtape covers, artwork and design ( props [MENTION=1184]Draven )

people... all I can say is: " DOWNLOAD IT ! DOWNLOAD IT ! DOWNLOAD IT! "

Comment

downloading now, will give my review after i finish listening. I was just listening to the smile remix u dropped a while back

edit: Okay here's my review [MENTION=856]LarsVerb

play ya cardz right- nothing special, just your average intro. Female on the chorus is nice though

better dayz- not feeling this song that much, but then again i am not a big fan of the og either. beat and vocals go well together.

million dollar spot- killer intro! this beat is just INSANE, its like some jazzy, g-funk type shit to bump in your ride, and the chorus meshes well with the beat.

hit em up- love this beat and u did it justice! Hard hitting bass, and the demo verse..cant go wrong with that!

how do u want it- not really feeling this, its too mellow for me. I like the joyce sims chorus though

smile 4 me- always loved this beat, gives me an idea of what the og sounds like. Love this with the new chorus and the old one!

gotta survive-its okay, but its boring to my ears

when thugz cry- I love the intro, but the beat sounds to friendly lol. I am too used to the og

po nigga blues-i like this alot. Its like the original but updated with an up-tempo beat

hold on be strong- uses the phil collins sample, cant go wrong with this beat. love the guitar

komradz- there is so many mixes of this song that i dont really care for it. Beat is nice but it gets lost in the shuffle for me.

old school- love the guitar throughout the song, has this old jazz type feel with heavy bass of course!

changed man- this is the crown jewel of the mixtape!! Reminds me of let me ride, def. a song u need to bump in your ride...great song for summer

let them thangs go- alright song, not much to say

when we ride on our enemies- love what u did with this song. Its sounds like another updated version, with more elements

street fame- not feelin this,

niggaz nature- another jewel right here! Marvin gaye sample...verses go perfect with the beat and chorus.

dont u trust me- this is better then the original lol

soulja's story-i like what u did with this

Overall my favourites would have to be million dollar spot, smile, hold on be strong,changed man, and niggaz nature
                    Last edited by baba; 07-14-2011, 06:21 AM.

Comment

REALLY liking Better Dayz and Street Fame!! Nice work, very nice....

Comment

Gotta say Track 5 How Do U Want It.... man I think it's better than the original. Listening to the rest now.
                        Well done LV!
                        PS. I used to live in The Netherlands for a couple of years - do you play out in the clubs? Wish I'd seen you live when I was there... are you based in Amsterdam?
                        "When I go back to that time, I remember someone whose friendship and love, courage and commitment, was like a gift from God to keep me going. When I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, there was someone by my side. His name was Tupac." ~ Snoop Dogg

Comment

This mixtape is one of the best to come out of the scene for a long while imo.. i have heard and seen this progress and change so much over the last few months that it's good to finally get it out in the public domain for you all to listen too.

Download and enjoy people, and drop some feedback for Mr LV, i don't have too as i have done way too much of that recently lol

Comment

I've had a few listens to the tape and here is my review (cause it's only right haha)

1. Play Ya Cardz Right - I'm really liking the instrumental. I don't like it as the intro though. Better Dayz would of been better to start off with. 4/5
                            2. Better Dayz - I love the sample which escapes me at the moment. It's a great emotional song. 4/5
                            3. Million Dollar Spot - Off of the first listen, I knew it was one of my faves that would be on the tape. I'm in love with the beat. 5/5
                            4. Hit Em Up - It may not be the original but I'm a sucker for OG Vibes. This song is so dope. Big props for this mix. 5/5
                            5. How Do You Want It - It flows really well on the beat. Even though it's a sensual beat, the vocals don't translate well to me when the chorus comes in. 4/5
                            6. Smile 4 Me - Loved it when it came out and with the new chorus, I love it even more. I'm a fan of Scarface's verse so I miss it because it would sound so great on the track. It's more than great the way it is though. 5/5
                            7. Gotta Survive - Another great mix here, LV. This instrumental is better than the original beat imo. Not better than AEIY but damn, it's up there. 5/5
                            8. When Thugz Cry - It's a great mix but I'm sure I'll forget all about it after a while. It doesn't really stand out to me. 3/5
                            9. Po Nigga Blues - This is another great mix here. I like the overall feel. 5/5
                            10. Hold On, Be Strong - Isn't In The Air Tonight one of the best songs ever? The sample is always welcome to me. It's nice to hear this acapella on it, that's a new one for me. 5/5
                            11. Komradz - This song is ehh for me. I want to hear a more aggressive instrumental with this acapella. 3/5
                            12. Old School - I love how funky this song is. The guitar is great as well as the scratching. Another great one here, LV. 4/5
                            13. Changed Man - This is another great mix of this song that you've done. The problem with both of them to me is that you never include Syke's full verse haha. Great song regardless. 4/5
                            14. Let Them Thangs Go - It's an ok mix to me. I like how you used the same sample as Stay True. 3/5
                            15. When We Ride On Our Enemies - Another great OG Vibe here, homie. The instrumental is great. You get the meaning of the song so clear with the interview clips. 5/5
                            16. Street Fame - At first two seconds, I thought you put the Better Dayz version haha. It's a really great beat but doesn't stand out to me. 4/5
                            17. Nigga Nature - This mixtape ends on a good note. I love the song overall but just wished Lil Mo's ass wasn't in it haha You hardly hear her presence though. 5/5
                            Bonus tracks are good extras but I'm not going to review those as they are bonuses and not actually part of the tape.

Overall - 4/5

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:
                            http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...92711&p=676617

Comment

[MENTION=423]baba

Thanks for the review man. Glad to see you like it

[MENTION=306]KREW

thanks for you review m8. I did not use sykes verse on changed man cause its not possible to make a good cpu of him. The cpu is made of the retail not the og.

The 2 bonus tracks on disc 1 are part of the main tape. The 2nd CD isnt

I did a calculation for the the overall score from your review hehe. Its a 4.25/5 hahaha

Thanks for you reviews again, glag to see ppl like it alot. Thanks guys!

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X