X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Wisdom Themes Issues

[MENTION=1]root

First of all I gotta say that the new themes look sick as fuck.. Awesome job there.. The only issue I have with the new themes is that the banner takes kinda long to load... Maybe it's just the slow Internet I have here but all the others banners load. Pretty fast.. In like no time.... But the ones in the dark wisdom themes does take a bit of time..

That's all... Otherwise it's all good..

Loving it

Originally posted by Omar View Post
    [MENTION=1]root

First of all I gotta say that the new themes look sick as fuck.. Awesome job there.. The only issue I have with the new themes is that the banner takes kinda long to load... Maybe it's just the slow Internet I have here but all the others banners load. Pretty fast.. In like no time.... But the ones in the dark wisdom themes does take a bit of time..

Loving it
    I think it have something to do with your slow internet. This Theme is alot bigger compared to the older ones. So it will be maybe slow for people with slow internet.

Comment

[MENTION=1]root

Loving it
      glad you brought this up bro. this is the one thing i found in testing that may have been a problem, because the banner is huge filesize. we originally were going to make dark wisdom 1 the default theme on the site, but the banner is one of the reasons we didnt. i worked with FNF for a bit to make the banner smaller (it used to be 3MB, now its 1 lol), but looks like it still is an issue for a few.

before I try to reduce the banner in size anymore, i am going to try some advanced caching methods for it. if it works, the banner should heavily cache on your browser, meaning it wont have to download each time, but also means if we change the banner (which we have no plans to for awhile anyways), the change wont show until your cache catches up or is cleared.

anyways as of this post, i have changed the cache level on the wisdom banners. let me know if you notice a difference

Comment

[MENTION=1]root

lmao ... the fucking banner loaded instantly from the 2nd try and then on... awesome job man ... i understand what u did there and it worked like a charm ... good stuff ... i love this new theme ...

a big congrats to the staff for all the shit u guys been doing recently for the site ... its a good feeling to see the site constantly growing and improving ... mad props to u crazy gringos ..

Comment

[MENTION=1]root

lmao ... the fucking banner loaded instantly from the 2nd try and then on... awesome job man ... i understand what u did there and it worked like a charm ... good stuff ... i love this new theme ...

a big congrats to the staff for all the shit u guys been doing recently for the site ... its a good feeling to see the site constantly growing and improving ... mad props to u crazy gringos ..
          thanks for the kind words bro, glad it worked and glad you like the theme

Comment

Originally posted by root View Post
            thanks for the kind words bro, glad it worked and glad you like the theme
            little icon on by bookmarks menu says NM instead of that 2Pac icon we had. You know, old little icon in yellow.
            2PAC-FORUM.COM REFERENCE SECTION

Comment

Also, i'm getting this error since new skins were installed. Usually i get it when I click on show new post in a thread

But when I click Retry for a live version of the site i get a proper thread.
              [MENTION=1]root
              2PAC-FORUM.COM REFERENCE SECTION

Comment

Originally posted by djukak View Post
                little icon on by bookmarks menu says NM instead of that 2Pac icon we had. You know, old little icon in yellow.
                yea i just left it as this icon as we didnt have one made yet. i guess ill switch it over to the one used on the brown style

Comment

Originally posted by djukak View Post
                  Also, i'm getting this error since new skins were installed. Usually i get it when I click on show new post in a thread

But when I click Retry for a live version of the site i get a proper thread.
                  [MENTION=1]root
                  yea this is part of the new caching mod, it will happen from time to time. it's unrelated to the new skins

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X