X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Pac Song Facts & Rumors

[MENTION=1]007

Hello. I know we have the thread to ask questions about songs. That's great and all but if you're looking for something specific its tough going through X amount of pages to find it. I was thinking maybe we could introduce a new section or possibly add it to reference somewhere.

I know we have some very knowledgable members (forgive me for forgetting anyone) [MENTION=2717]LabelMeAnOutlaw [MENTION=1052]BigR [MENTION=213]krazy [MENTION=999]Kevin and then [MENTION=856]L-Booma with all this info he brings to the table via interviews. Plus I'm sure we've got lots more that know a lot of that odd info that's cool to know too.

I think we should get together to form a place where it's all organized and referenced to who said it and where or when. That way like for instance the info Lars gets wont be like "oh one of those interviews that Lars did with some producer, he said 2Pac did this when he recorded that track" ...that leaves us like "wtf" but with the new section it would be like "in the interview Lars conducted with capital LS, LS mentioned that Tupac wanted to make a music video for worldwide dime pieces, the beat was originally made by LS and Pac loved how LS sang the part in the song. LS also said that Pac wanted to rap about each others bitches (east and west)" etc etc. make sense?

Or like [MENTION=999]Kevin and I were talking in the thread "hit em up 3" about JJ's wife talking about "if there's a cure for this" and stuff. Like we've got solid information regarding tracks that is lost in the hundreds of threads and thousands of words. 6 months later I might just be like "Kevin said JJ wife said this" ...ok but originally Kevin said more with specifics but now it's lost in a thread on some page long since passed.

We could have a section of the forum that had threads of song titles just like ref sec versions and stuff but with this extra info. 1 thread per song. All songs with info have a thread. So we won't have a thread for every song unless it has cool info or something. We could have the facts in the default text with rumors being yellow or red or whatever to distinguish the difference. For mobile versions of the site that don't see color we could also just bold "rumor " and "fact" above the list of info.

Fuck I hope this makes sense to you guys lol.
    Last edited by MCNewYork71; 05-17-2013, 05:50 PM.

pretty good idea but we would have to go about breaking it down. I did start doing something similar on TN before i stopped posting there. I even had a reference of all the music videos 2pac appeared in, all the live interviews, live performances etc.

Comment

sounds like a great idea
      sigpic

Comment

[MENTION=999]Kevin [MENTION=9099]Fizzymoon thanks for the support! I'm glad you guys are interested in this.

Another example I found today was in the MATW special regarding rara, moe z explains where Pac found the kid and added him to the track then a fun fact is the kids mom didn't want him affiliated with Tupac and tried to sue.

Another is "lord knows" was intended to be an interlude but Pac went ape shit took the small beat and drove to Oakland and back and was driving and writing! Lol this is really cool info IMO. Thanks to [MENTION=856]L-Booma for digging and finding!

Plus like I mentioned other members are fucking very knowledgable on documents [MENTION=2717]LabelMeAnOutlaw <--- this guy always is pullin something like "wtf where u find that?!?" I k ow [MENTION=213]krazy has done lots of research on Pac's murder and dr spendings I'm sure he has info on tracks. We have thc former members with details they may only know or a few.

Point is, guys WE are 2Pac's legacy when it comes to the books of keeping him alive, his stories, the good and bad, the songs, the info, everything. Amaru isn't making these cool facts known or anything. If we want this stuff to never be forgotten it needs to be in more than say [MENTION=999]Kevin's mind because heaven forbid he drop the scene all his knowledge is gone! Feel me? We should all come together and make this really bad ass! I know when Thugz was here he made a cool thread about some facts somewhere I believe.

But anyways this will require lots of work. If be glad to go through some interviews and take notes on who said it, where, what interview, even the time it's mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
          [MENTION=999]Kevin [MENTION=9099]Fizzymoon thanks for the support! I'm glad you guys are interested in this.

Another example I found today was in the MATW special regarding rara, moe z explains where Pac found the kid and added him to the track then a fun fact is the kids mom didn't want him affiliated with Tupac and tried to sue.

Another is "lord knows" was intended to be an interlude but Pac went ape shit took the small beat and drove to Oakland and back and was driving and writing! Lol this is really cool info IMO. Thanks to [MENTION=856]L-Booma for digging and finding!

Plus like I mentioned other members are fucking very knowledgable on documents [MENTION=2717]LabelMeAnOutlaw <--- this guy always is pullin something like "wtf where u find that?!?" I k ow [MENTION=213]krazy has done lots of research on Pac's murder and dr spendings I'm sure he has info on tracks. We have thc former members with details they may only know or a few.

Point is, guys WE are 2Pac's legacy when it comes to the books of keeping him alive, his stories, the good and bad, the songs, the info, everything. Amaru isn't making these cool facts known or anything. If we want this stuff to never be forgotten it needs to be in more than say [MENTION=999]Kevin's mind because heaven forbid he drop the scene all his knowledge is gone! Feel me? We should all come together and make this really bad ass! I know when Thugz was here he made a cool thread about some facts somewhere I believe.

But anyways this will require lots of work. If be glad to go through some interviews and take notes on who said it, where, what interview, even the time it's mentioned.
          or god forbid one of us dies lol, seems like its possible before the next tupac album release

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
            or god forbid one of us dies lol, seems like its possible before the next tupac album release
            Aw hell you're right lmao!! Hope not but shit it's a possibility at the rate they're going lol!!

But on a serious note I'm not sure exactly how to start this other than making a word doc. Alphabetical order and just start typing the shit I find. I could even go through the ask a question thread for songs. Lots of work but not everything in there is uncommon knowledge too. Then present what I find to staff or something.

Comment

hmm maybe if you want to nitpick information from interviews, just list all the names of people lars and others interviewed and plugin song facts etc.

Could even do it like this

Moe-Z

1) Temptations - "blah blah blah" lol
              2) Throw Ya Hands Up "blah blah blah"
              3) Outlaw - "blah blah blah"

or like

Outlaw (credit: producer, engineer, background singer etc)

1) Moe - Z "blah blah blah"
              2) Paul Arnold "blah blah blah" etc
              Last edited by Kevin; 05-16-2013, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Outlaw (credit: producer, engineer, background singer etc)

1) Moe - Z "blah blah blah"
                2) Paul Arnold "blah blah blah" etc
                Yes those are two nice layouts as well. I like the 2nd one where its listed by song and then underneath has the info and who it's by.

Comment

im in
                  Can't close my eyes cause all I see is terror
                  I hate the man in the mirror
                  Cause his reflection makes the pain turn realer

Comment

pretty good idea but we would have to go about breaking it down. I did start doing something similar on TN before i stopped posting there. I even had a reference of all the music videos 2pac appeared in, all the live interviews, live performances etc.
                    we have that here as well . Check out our video archive, and you even can play the video's as well.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy View Post
                      im in
                      Hell yeah! Thanks for the support. Last night I started to listen to some interviews and type notes. I started with both parts of the Paul Arnold interview last night and finished them. They had lots of good info and stories. [MENTION=856]L-Booma these interviews have brought so much light to the scene. Thanks for doing them.
                      [MENTION=213]krazy if you'd like to start typing up some things you know and source them if possible.

Ill start a thread in VIP from there we can start throwing all information together in that thread and I will consolidate it later or something, whatever we all agree on doing. I think this would be a great addition in the reference section! [MENTION=1]007

Comment

Sounds good to me. The staff already has a 5th and 6th phase of the reference that we are working on, but no reason we can't add a 7th.

When its ready, I can add a section under Reference > Information for Facts & Rumors. Just like the versions, songs, and lyrics sub forums, we can have one thread per song in the Facts & Rumors section, with a post dedicated to facts and a post dedicated to rumors in each thread.
                        [MENTION=3662]MCNewYork71 [MENTION=999]Kevin [MENTION=213]krazy

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                          Sounds good to me. The staff already has a 5th and 6th phase of the reference that we are working on, but no reason we can't add a 7th.

When its ready, I can add a section under Reference > Information for Facts & Rumors. Just like the versions, songs, and lyrics sub forums, we can have one thread per song in the Facts & Rumors section, with a post dedicated to facts and a post dedicated to rumors in each thread.
                          [MENTION=3662]MCNewYork71 [MENTION=999]Kevin [MENTION=213]krazy
                          Awesome! Thanks Josh. You're right, no need to stop at 6 when we can continue to grow this massive reference section. I'm really excited. Like I said I'm going to start taking notes from interviews and ill present them to staff. I created a thread in VIP as a pool for people to drop their knowledge. Ill copy everyone's stuff and organize it as we go to the best of my ability. Thanks so much for backing me up on this [MENTION=1]007 !!! :-D

Comment

No probs im i dublin right now but wil start tomorow guys
                            Can't close my eyes cause all I see is terror
                            I hate the man in the mirror
                            Cause his reflection makes the pain turn realer

Comment

[MENTION=3662]MCNewYork71

great idea brotha...... I'm down with it. Not sure if I will have enough time to help build this but, from now on every interview I transcribe I'll put a note next to someone talking about a song....

ok, now gotta start the last 2 interviews I havent even listened to them yet.
                              GO HABS GO!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X