This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Pac forums donations?

Is there a fund to donate, to ensure the site stays up? Just curious. I know Josh was having trouble with his server.

Originally posted by 7thdayprofezzor View Post
    Is there a fund to donate, to ensure the site stays up? Just curious. I know Josh was having trouble with his server.
    Don't think site has ever run on donations but if it ever needed help to keep running I'd be down to contribute also. I know it was avoided in the past because they didn't want reasons for being able to have access certain areas of site to be based on money but more on the persons contributions to the forum being what matters. Otherwise you'd have people who pay money and leech from the site which just creates a site where people come and go instead of sticking around and making it a active site.

Comment

no donations ever and josh isn't having trouble lol
      sigpic

Comment

It is great that you guys want to contribute. I admire that. But this site has never done that nor do I think they would consider doing that. For the most part, this is a free online community.

Could things change in the future? I honestly hope not but I cannot predict the future. We dont want to place a burden on our members just so you have a place to chat about your obsession :P. That is one thing that separates us apart. I was mods on those other sites and they accepted donations, and I cannot honestly tell you where the extra cash went once the goal was hit...Mods didn't get a thing. I have never seen this site do it once.

and that is the thing, by not having a donation button we are doing the following;

giving you free access that you don't have to worry about spending money on, who likes spending money? no one! lol
        and two you don't have to worry about where the money is going, nor would you think we are using this to gain money or any type of income. That is not us.

It is like those charities...its great to donate to charities but do you honestly know where its going?

Comment

thats one of the things ive always respected about this site....the fact that they do not ask for donations.
          i asked (in private) a long time ago about wanting to donate to this site to ensure it kept running and the forum owner didnt want a thing from any of its members other than activity.
          if you look at other tupac sites and their donation goals and what they have received so far its laughable since they havent received anything,or very little as far as i know.

this site is and has been THE BEST tupac site on the net and that is due in part ,to the site owner,the staff,and its active members whether they started here or migrated from other sites.
          "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face...." Mike Tyson

Comment

thanks for the offer, but our site will stay up without donations.

Comment

That's always the problem with donations, you don't know where the money is going to.
              They can use the money for whatever they want, for personal use.

I have done volunteer work in the past for an animal shelter, we were asking for money donations aswell.
              Some people were suspicious about it if the money did indeed go to the animal shelter
              So for that, we changed our strategy and asked for food for the animals instead.
              We got more positive response from that
              sigpic

Comment

loyalty doesn't have a price

Comment

Saw this and thought it was perfect. It's in the thread josh made for VIP requirements. This part is about site donations so I edited for this thread.

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                  One last thing, it has always been and will always be this sites policy to NEVER accept donations. I am strongly against members donating to the admin on sites like this. Donating to get VIP access has never, and will never be an option.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X