This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site slowness issue.

I wanted to take a moment to address the issues with site slowness. There have been a few things that caused this, and I will list them below.

We recently started changing the site over to "2pac Forum" instead of "Notorious-Makaveli" This has generated an influx of google traffic to the site.

Yesterday we had the 2Pac 40th birthday bash, and the 3rd Birthday for the site before that. Both days we experienced the biggest days in site history as far as total activity from members and guests.

The site slowness is bitter sweet. It's good in the sense that our site is growing at a very quick rate and becoming more active, but bad because of these slowness issues.

Now the question remains, how do we resolve the slowness issue.

Unfortunately there is only one answer that will work. I am going to have to upgrade the site to get us off of shared hosting, and onto our own dedicated server. This will come with a considerable cost increase for me, but should make the site much faster and resolve the issue with internal server errors as well.

This change should be happening very soon (probably this weekend) When it does happen, the site may be down for a period of up to 2 hours.

As always I appreciate when everyone offers for donations, but I do not want them. As I have always stated, as the administrator it is my responsibility to maintain this site and it's server, and it is my responsibility to pay the bill.

I thank you for your patience and support on the site, especially during these hard times of slowness. Please feel free to post your thoughts here.

Josh

actually i never noticed any slowness but i appreciate your hard work trying to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joecool View Post
      actually i never noticed any slowness but i appreciate your hard work trying to fix it.
      me neither but thanks man
      Can't close my eyes cause all I see is terror
      I hate the man in the mirror
      Cause his reflection makes the pain turn realer

Comment

what happened to the " thank/like " button and activity mods ?
        sigpic

Comment

with my w7 pc no probs, but i can notice some slowless on my xp pc. yeah i noticed that the ty buttons are missing, too.
          but overall thank you for your work, behind the stage and to fix the performance / error issues.
          collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

The forum addons (such as "thank you/like" buttons) are turned off for now because of maintenance that Josh is doing. We are testing to see what caused forum database failures (404 and 500 internal server errors) and slow-down of pages.
            Last edited by Nikola; 06-18-2011, 10:05 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joecool View Post
              lol, the site was slower than a snail
              My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
              Vinyls: 60
              Cassettes: 110
              CDs: 216

Comment

yeah i noticed slowness on my htc hd2... and a lot of 404 internal server errors so great that u workin on it
                -------------------------------------------
                "anyone that says he's hiding is calling him a coward. leaders don't run and hide. picture the life he lived and who he associated with and you'll know why he's not here anymore"

Comment

Josh is my best friend! I swear!
                  www.gener80s.com

Comment

Thanks for upgrading the site. Speed is King.

Comment

About upgrading the site sounds very nice Josh.

"As always I appreciate when everyone offers for donations, but I do not want them. As I have always stated, as the administrator it is my responsibility to maintain this site and it's server, and it is my responsibility to pay the bill"

I think this says enough about year work ethic, your love for the site and what you do with it .

Propz & Thanks!

Comment

All I can say is thanks for all that has been done to this site so far so good. Seem like a real noble person who sticks to his guns not to let people pay for anything. I respect that.

Comment

it's all good about the slowness honestly i haven't noticed it, and i still get what i come to do accomplished. Thanks for the upgrade Josh, that is very generous of you and i think this movement will be a great investment and great idea considering the biggie section isn't very popular and this is clearly a Tupac forum. thanks for all the hard work and time you put into this on top of your regular life and job! you rock and i think i speak for everyone that it is very much appreciated and well respected. you rock man!

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
                            Thanks for the upgrade Josh
                            He hasn't upgraded yet, he's been trying some tweaking and stuff behind the scenes that has made the site run better.
                            If the upgrade happens it will be soon tho, josh is looking at different avenues to take and working out his options

Comment

COO THANKS JOSH

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X