The Box - the worst film in recent years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Box - the worst film in recent years

Cinema fans be warned – 'The Box' is best left unopened. The Cameron Diaz sci-fi thriller has been branded one of the worst movies ever made.

The film by Richard Kelly is a feature length version of a classic 'Twilight Zone' episode – where a hard-up couple (Diaz and James Marsden) get told that if they push a button on a mysterious box they will get $1 million. But there's a catch. By pressing the button, a person they do not know will die.

Sounds like a good premise? Well, cinema goers in the US have given the film a dismal 'F', according to ratings compiled by CinemaScore. Only 'Wolf Creek' has scored that low in recent years.

A spokesman for CinemaScore said, "People really thought this was a stinker."

He goes on to claim that the audiences were particularly annoyed with the film's ending, adding, "I'd love to hear how they thought they were going to get good word-of-mouth."

And the bad news doesn't stop there for Cameron Diaz. We gave the 'The Box' 0.5 out of 5 stars - the worst score possible in our Yahoo! Movies review. The review says the film "appears to be an intense game of bad-acting and one-upmanship on the part of the two lead actors (hint: Diaz wins!)."

Ouch.

Poor Richard Kelly. He was seen as one of Hollywood's brightest talents with his debut 'Donnie Darko'. But his follow up 'Southland Tales' was an almighty flop, and now this will pretty much kill his career.

'The Box' is released in the UK and Ireland on the 4th December. The question being, are there any Cameron Diaz fans left to support it when it hits our screens?

Watch the trailer here.

source---------http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article/8427/the-boxthe-worst-film-in-recent-years.html

yeah didnt like it eaither...

Comment

haha nah this was a strange film did't like it either
      sigpic

Comment

I liked this movie. I could prob list 50 recent movies that are worse.

Comment

I red your thread here and only watch small parts of it and deleted it ^^
          sigpic

Comment

lol funny shit.. few days ago i watched this the first time, it sucked big time!!!

> http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...l=1#post257016 <

fucking psychopaths movie lol

Comment

I didn't like this movie.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X