Unanswered Questions About ‘Avatar’ Movie Answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unanswered Questions About ‘Avatar’ Movie Answered

James Cameron's sci-fi blockbuster, "Avatar", has gone on to become the second top-grossing film of all-time. With it being such as success, it's garnered a legion of diehard fans who have been talking about the film all over the Internet.

Still, the film leaves a lot of unanswered questions. Don't worry though, while browsing the web this week, we found an article written by Eric Ditzian for MTV, who did some research to find some answers (Get your own copy of this book over at Amazon.com for around $10).

After reading a copy of Avatar: A Confidential Report on the Biological and Social History of Pandora, he compiled these answers and questions.

Here they are (thanks MTV.com):
    Why Were Avatars Developed?
    Genetically engineered from human and native Na'vi DNA, avatars were originally envisioned as mine workers who did not need protective gear to breathe the alien air. However, the cost proved prohibitive and not enough avatars could be produced. When Sully arrives, avatars are only used for scientific field work. Unlike the four-fingered and -toed Na'vi, avatars maintain five fingers and toes for reasons that are still not understood.

The History of the Resources Development Administration
    The RDA is at the center of the story -- they're the ones plundering Pandora for resources and transporting folks through space -- but we don't get any backstory about how the company came to be. According to the book, the story of RDA's creation is a familiar one: Two founders borrow money from their folks and launch their business in a Silicon Valley garage. Just a few decades after its beginning in the early 21st century, RDA began construction of a global network of super-fast trains that allow workers to commute to work from thousands of kilometers away. From there, the trip to Pandora was just a quick 4.4 million light years.

How Long Have Humans Been On Pandora?
    The guide puts the arrival of humans as several decades before the events of "Avatar" in 2154. After astronomers identified Pandora as an Earth-like world with intense magnetic properties, an unmanned research craft discovered a substance later dubbed "unobtanium": a naturally occurring superconductor that can be used as a powerful energy source. Granted monopoly mining rights to the resource, RDA built a ship called the ISV Venture Star to travel to Pandora and begin bringing unobtanium back to Earth.

Traveling to Pandora and Communicating with Earth
    Now powered by unobtanium, RDA's 10 starships travel at 70 percent of light speed, resulting in a one-way trip that takes nearly six years. Conveniently, though, communication with Earth is instantaneous. The process, made possible through a deep understanding of quantum mechanics, was perfected in the decades prior to the events of "Avatar." But that doesn't mean folks on Pandora get to phone home all the time. The cost of sending a message is "approximately $7,500 per bit."

SourcE:Ballerstatus.com

This is a great movie, for real, i recommend it to everybody

Originally posted by DJ Cvince
    These celebrities are trying to be unique and original, but instead they look bizarre and stupid.

Comment

I still need to see this

Comment

People, see this in 3d it just makes it that much better. Really amazing movie, wasnt too hyped on going to see it but just went cuz my gf wanted too and im glad i did amazing movie, but long as fuck.. I highly recomend it to everybody

Comment

Yea i still gotta check this flick in 3D, i heard its great, i see the rating on imdb and it looks really promissing

Comment

when i saw the previews i was like wtf is this crap,another lame movie,and had absolutely no interest in seeing it,then my boy gave me a copy of it and i do have to say it is a really good movie,and im considering going to see it at the theater and paying full price.

highly recommended.
            "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face...." Mike Tyson

Comment

yea this movie was fucking awesome, and i too was someone who wasnt expecting much plus zoe saldana could easily get the dick.

Comment

I still haven't seen this. I might try to tonight tho.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyhippie View Post
                  I still haven't seen this. I might try to tonight tho.
                  Need to watch it man. It starts off slow but the action scenes are amazing. Damn I need to get this in 3D.
                  Death Row Records Samples List

Comment

i was forced to wacht it by my wife andv am glad she did it was cool. i wish it showed what happened to earth since they said it was dying maybe well find out in the second move

Comment

i dont know whats so special about this movie. i could barely watch it half way through before deleting it from my pc.

Comment

it has good special effects and good fight seens and the environment looks damn cool

Comment

^sure effects are important but its bout message in this movie, just shows what human can do and what we r doin everyday...great movie, cant wait till avatar 2 ...in 2014 or something

Comment

it's a cool movie. but alot of it is recycled from lots of other movies. wanna see the new version with the extra 8 minutes just to see what was cut the first time

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                            Working...
                            X