Sony Scraps ‘Spider-Man 4′, Announces 2012 Reboot With New Direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Scraps ‘Spider-Man 4′, Announces 2012 Reboot With New Direction

Just days after Sony Pictures revealed that they were postponing production on "Spider-Man 4", due to creative concerns, the studio announced Monday (January 11) that the original fourth installment of the saga would be scrapped, so they could overhaul it entirely ... that is, without director Sam Raimi or star Tobey Maguire.

"Spider-Man 4" was initially due to hit theaters in 2011, but now, it is scheduled to premiere in the summer of 2012.

In a statement, Sony said the new fourth film will focus "on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises."

It is currently being written by James Vanderbilt ("Zodiac" and "The Rundown"), but the studio has yet to announce who would would be its star or director. Producers will be "Spider-Man" veterans Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad of Marvel Studios.

"This is a bittersweet moment for us because while it is hard to imagine Spider-Man in anyone else's hands, I know that this was a day that was inevitable," Matt Tolmach, president of Columbia Pictures, said in a statement.

"Working on the Spider-Man movies was the experience of a lifetime for me," Raimi added in his own statement. "While we were looking forward to doing a fourth one together, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take the franchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job."

According to MTV, earlier reports pegged the choice of villain as one of the primary obstacles to "Spider-Man 4" production, as Raimi and the studio differing over potential casting that, most recently, included John Malkovich as winged villain the Vulture.

Sony promises further updates regarding the film's new plans in the near future. Stay tuned..
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com

I like this. The first 2 movies were okay, but the third was utter crap, and I'm glad they get to re-cast the worst-cast movie(s) in history (except JK Simmons)

Comment

I want to see venom and carnage!

Originally posted by DJ Cvince
      These celebrities are trying to be unique and original, but instead they look bizarre and stupid.

Comment

They really need to stop with all the remakes. I thought the 3rd sucked, but the first two were good. I guess this is good news.

Comment

they dont know when 2 stop. part 3 was shitty, this one better be good or they can kiss success goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by insanity View Post
            they dont know when 2 stop. part 3 was shitty, this one better be good or they can kiss success goodbye.
            Some new films are good, the ones that come from good ideas, dragonball could be a hit, but it flopped, it has nothing to do with the manga nor the anime.

Originally posted by DJ Cvince
            These celebrities are trying to be unique and original, but instead they look bizarre and stupid.

Comment

Part 1 and 2 are great movies but part 3 is bad, really bad. Venom had only a 15min appearance

Originally posted by Shintoshio View Post
              I want to see venom and carnage!
              me too... definitely the best foes.

I hope they keep the costume because the first director wanted to change the costume...I think black and orange or something like that.
              + I want more swing scenes they are fantastic!
              My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
              Vinyls: 60
              Cassettes: 110
              CDs: 216

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X