At The Movies: 'Paranormal Activity 2' Strikes Fear Into Weekend Box Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At The Movies: 'Paranormal Activity 2' Strikes Fear Into Weekend Box Office

There can be only one #1 film at the weekend box office at it was fear that won fans over with the debut of "Paranormal Activity 2."

Paramount Pictures' follow-up to last year's micro-budgeted hit "Paranormal Activity" got a jump on Halloween, as fans packed theaters for another documentary-style thriller about a household plagued by a menacing spirit.

The film raked in a solid $41.5 million debut, beating out the expansion of Clint Eastwood's "Hereafter".

The first "Paranormal Activity" rolled out gradually from city to city, as fans "demanded it" online. By the time the film went nationwide, it turned into a $100 million hit. So, when the sequel came out, it drew the interest of fans who loved the first.

Last weekend's top movie, "Jackass 3D" fell to #2 this week with $21.6 million, while "Red" also fell one slot to #3 with $15 million.

Eastwood's supernatural drama "Hereafter" expanded into nationwide release and came in at #4 with $12 million. And closing out the top 5 was "The Social Network" earning another $7.3 million to take its total to $72.9 million.

That's a wrap this week. Next weekend, look out yet another horror flick "Saw 3D".

This weekend's top 10 is as follows:

1 - "Paranormal Activity 2," $41.5 million.
    2 - "Jackass 3D," $21.6 million.
    3 - "Red," $15 million.
    4 - "Hereafter," $12 million.
    5 - "The Social Network," $7.3 million.
    6 - "Secretariat," $6.9 million.
    7 - "Life as We Know It," $6.2 million.
    8 - "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole," $3.2 million.
    9 - "The Town," $2.7 million.
    10 - "Easy A," $1.8 million.
    SourcE: Ballerstatus.com

can't believe this the first was so a Bad film , stupid script lol, not a horror movie, and now they did the second
    sigpic

Comment

anyone seen this? is it as shit as the first one was?

Comment

Its better than the first one imo. More entertaining.

Comment

Best go see it then.
          Death Row Records Samples List

Comment

I gotta check this movie out soon.

Was talking to my sister about it this morning, she watched it last night and said she couldn't get to sleep lmfao

Comment

A lot of people have been talking about this film, especially the first. I don't get whats so good about it lol. Guess I have to watch it to find out.
              SC:dopehouseuk

Comment

the first one was so borrying, I doubt the second will be better ...

has anyone watch it ?
                sigpic

Comment

just finished watching it like 10 mins ago ^ load of shit lmfao if u seen the first one you'd be totally confused

Comment

The 2nd one shows how the 1st one came about.... Nothing really confusing about that. Its more of a psychological horror film. So if you are looking for blood and gore this is not your type of flick. I saw it and personally enjoyed it.
                    If you could get money to kill people
                    You could get money to help people

Comment

Originally posted by Persona View Post
                      Its better than the first one imo. More entertaining.
                      considering the first on had an entertainment value of -88 that doesnt say too much

Comment

Originally posted by ublasfu View Post
                        considering the first on had an entertainment value of -88 that doesnt say too much
                        ok lol so I don't have to watch it
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ublasfu View Post
                          Where does that come from?

The first movie was labeled as the scariest movie of all time and had so much hype that no wonder everyone went to see the movie with high hopes. Never the less some scenes were entertaining enough.
                          Last edited by Vinnie P; 11-03-2010, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                          Working...
                          X