Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jackson's Vision (Music Video Collection)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jackson's Vision (Music Video Collection)

Epic/Legacy Recordings to Release 'Michael Jackson's Vision,' the First-Ever Complete Collection of All the Short Films Produced by Michael Jackson
    Deluxe Boxed Set Features 4 1/2 Hours of Content Across Three DVDs Showcasing More Than 40 Videos In Newly Restored Color and Remastered Audio
    'Michael Jackson's Vision' Available Everywhere Monday, November 22

NEW YORK, Oct. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- In collaboration with the Estate of Michael Jackson, Epic/Legacy Recordings is releasing Michael Jackson's Vision on November 22, making available for the first time ever the entire library of short films produced by Michael Jackson during his career as a solo artist.
    Packaged as a deluxe boxed set, Michael Jackson's Vision contains more than four-and-one-half hours of content across three DVDs, capturing the entire spectrum of Michael's pioneering short films that transformed the entertainment industry with timeless, pop culture classics that today's youth embrace with as much passion as their parents did a generation earlier.
    Michael Jackson's Vision brings together more than 40 videos, ten of them previously unavailable on DVD and each presented in newly restored color and remastered audio. And this release marks the debut of the short film for the R. Kelly-penned "One More Chance."
    The simultaneous emergence of MTV as a television force and Michael Jackson's breakout as a global superstar provided the most epochal musical/cultural shift since the Beatles. Seizing the potential of MTV's 24-hour reach, Michael Jackson produced and starred in a series of what would become iconic short musical films that redefined and established the perimeters, and parameters, of an entire new medium.
    Jackson's short-form zombie dance party masterpiece, "Thriller," famously directed by John Landis, remains a cultural phenomenon. It recently became the first (and only) music video to be inducted by the Library of Congress into the National Film Registry, an elite collection of only a few hundred films.
    Michael Jackson's Vision includes the full-length versions of the John Landis-directed "Thriller" and "Black or White" as well as the classic "Bad" directed by Academy Award ® -winning filmmaker Martin Scorsese. Also included in the boxed set are Michael's collaborations with such other noted film directors as John Singleton, Spike Lee and David Fincher as well as "Ghosts," his rarely-seen collaboration with special effects legend Stan Winston.
    Michael Jackson's Vision will be available in a limited edition deluxe boxed set featuring a 60-page glossy hard-bound book that includes behind-the-scenes photos from Michael's personal archives.

The state-of-the-art packaging includes cover art using lenticular virtual imaging technology to vividly represent memorable scenes from Michael Jackson's signature short films.

Michael Jackson's Vision

DISC 1

1. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough 4:12:00
    2. Rock With You 3:22:00
    3. She's Out of My Life 3:35:00
    4. Billie Jean 4:54:00
    5. Beat It 4:57:00
    6. Thriller 13:42:00
    7. Bad 18:05:00
    8. The Way You Make Me Feel 9:24:00
    9. Man In the Mirror 5:03:00
    10. Dirty Diana 5:05:00
    11. Smooth Criminal 9:27:00
    12. Another Part of Me 4:45:00
    13. Speed Demon 10:08:00
    14. Come Together 5:40:00
    15. Leave Me Alone 4:36:00
    16. Liberian Girl 5:34:00
    Total Disc 1 112:29:00 (01:52:29)

DISC 2

1. Black or White 11:01:00
    2. Remember The Time 9:16:00
    3. In the Closet 6:05:00
    4. Jam 7:59:00
    5. Heal The World 7:32:00
    6. Give In To Me 5:29:00
    7. Who Is It 6:34:00
    8. Will You Be There 5:55:00
    9. Gone Too Soon 3:38:00
    10. Scream 4:47:00
    11. Childhood 4:29:00
    12. You Are Not Alone 5:34:00
    13. Earth Song 6:44:00
    14. They Don't Care About Us 7:08:00
    15. Stranger In Moskow 5:33:00
    16. Blood On The Dancefloor 5:27:00
    17. Ghosts 3:58:00
    18. You Rock My World 13:30:00
    19. Cry 4:57:00
    Total Disc 2 125:36:00 (2:05:36)

DISC 3 (Bonus Features)

1. Blame It On the Boogie - The Jacksons 3:32:00
    2. Enjoy Yourself - The Jacksons 3:31:00
    3. Can You Feel It - The Jacksons 9:37:00
    4. Say Say Say - Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson 4:57:00
    5. They Don't Care About Us - Prison version 4:52:00
    6. Why? - 3T featuring Michael Jackson 4:33:00
    7. One More Chance - previously unreleased 4:03:00
    Total Disc 3 35:05:00

Source: Epic/Legacy Recordings to Release 'Michael Jackson's Vision,' the First-Ever Complete Collection of All... -- NEW YORK, Oct. 13 /PRNewswire/ --
    &
    'Michael Jackson's Vision' DVD Boxed Set Available Everywhere Monday November 22 | LegacyRecordings.com

Cover and more

Source: Michael Jackson "Michael Jackson's VISION" @ Michael Jackson Global Store

German release: November 19, 2010
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-08-2010, 09:54 AM.
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Sweet! I gotta get this

Comment

Someone should buy a copy and send it to amaru/interscope
      As far as anybody in the rap game ever tryin' to assassinate my character, that's impossible. You talkin' about a man who has always walked the walk and talked the talk.

Comment

defnitely getting this $40.00 i was expecting a hundred dolar price on this

Comment

Fucking Nice! MJ's people givin the fans what they want
          SC:dopehouseuk

Comment

real nice a definate buy for me
            sigpic

Comment

I want it! =)
              I will send it to Amaru haha, this is what y'all want for Pac!
              KDash Makaveli / Bay Area addict addict ...

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post

7. One More Chance - previously unreleased 4:03:00

Daaamn, so that is the official video with him in it that they didnt show?!?!

I Know Death Follows Me
                But
                I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Originally posted by ThaRealMasterC View Post
                  Daaamn, so that is the official video with him in it that they didnt show?!?!
                  in the past they said that they just shoot one day recording for this video, and that it was just Mj back to the scene performances, no we will see if Sony is trying to lie us again or not ?.. all the other video are on the net from years in vob format, but the booklet is intersting for me and i want to see One more chance, ...

helllooo Amaru or WA where are you when we need projects like this
                  sigpic

Comment

any idea uk price thanks
                    sigpic

Comment

has anyone watched this yet? my friend said it wasnt worth the $40

Comment

^ I dont see how it could not be worth the $40 when its got almost all the videos MJ has done.....all the right ones are on it and its great to me

Comment

good points: it's almost all the videos of Mj, there is the unseen video of " One more chance ", they put all the long versions of the videos, the 60 pages booklet is nice with alot of pictures...

bad (?) points: ok some things are missing, like ghost (full version), Blood on the dancefloor ( Original video), we are the world, whatzupwityou, and alternate versions of Gone too soon and man in the mirror, they didn't made a real "remasterisation" with the image quality.... the dvd box (+ the booklet) could have been more bigger cuz like that they are on Bluray boxsize and not dvd

but for 40$ it's a good piece to have in your collection
                          sigpic

Comment

I got it! This is really nice shit!

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lek View Post
                              I got it! This is really nice shit!
                              Good choice you did
                              sigpic

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X