Actor Wesley Snipes Ordered To Report To Prison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actor Wesley Snipes Ordered To Report To Prison

Actor Wesley Snipes was ordered to voluntarily surrender to authorities on Wednesday (December 1), to begin serving a three-year sentence next week for tax evasion.

According to the Associated Press, the 48-year-old movie star was ordered by the U.S. Marshal's Office to report to the Federal Correctional Institution McKean in Lewis Run, Pennsylvania by no later than noon on December 9.

Snipes had tried to remain free on bail while appealing his conviction to the U.S. Supreme Court. But now, he'll have to face the music.

He was convicted of willful failure to file income tax returns in 2008. Following his conviction in Florida, Snipes appealed to the appellate court in Atlanta. But, the court upheld the conviction and sentence.

Snipes attempted to be granted a new trial last month. His attorneys argued that testimony by Kenneth Starr, a former financial adviser to celebrities, who admitted to cheating wealthy and elderly clients out of tens of millions of dollars, should be grounds for a retrial.

A judge rejected those arguments, reports the AP, writing that "the defendant Snipes had a fair trial; he has had a full, fair and thorough review of his conviction and sentence. ... The time has come for the judgment to be enforced."

Snipes' camp hadn't commented as of press time.
    BallerStatus.com Actor Wesley Snipes Ordered To Report To Prison

Damn man, I heard this on Yahoo the other day. 3 Years seems to me a little extreme but I dont know the extent of everything going on so you never know.

I hope when they try and take him to jail this happens.

Comment

damn three years in prison..that sucks

Comment

yea 3 years is alot in my opinion but he's probably gonna get out in a year tho for good behavior or something like that.

Comment

Somebody answer me this: If he's in jail how would he pay back the taxes he owes? Seems to me the IRS is sending a message to the general public. "see if you don't pay your taxes this could happen to you..." If Wes Snipes can be brought down what chance do we regular folks have... Great Propaganda
          http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...m-Theory-Vol.1

Comment

"was ordered by the U.S. Marshal's Office"

US Marshals is a great film
            Death Row Records Samples List

Comment

When was the last time this ninja made a movie
              SC:dopehouseuk

Comment

Originally posted by Ruckus View Post
                Damn man, I heard this on Yahoo the other day. 3 Years seems to me a little extreme but I dont know the extent of everything going on so you never know.

I hope when they try and take him to jail this happens.
                Teddy bear.
                It make homos game at females.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X