Fast Six' Already in the Works (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Six' Already in the Works (2013)

Whether you love the Fast and the Furious franchise or hate it, you do have to respect it. After all, there aren't many movie franchises these days that make it past the third film, and even fewer that are successful enough to see all of their sequels released theatrically. Next week's Fast Five is - hang on, let me check - the fifth film in the successful action series, and Universal's already banking on it being profitable enough to warrant development on The Fast and the Furious 6, which we expect will be called either Furiously Fast, or Fast Six.

The script is being written by Chris Morgan, who also penned the last three entries in the series and the upcoming action movie 47 Ronin with Keanu Reeves. It appears to be part of his new first-look production deal with Universal, which was just announced by Hollywood Reporter. He seems pretty excited by the move, stating "I don't want to be the guy who gets a vanity production deal and does nothing... I want to be the guy who goes out there and busts my ass and fixes broken stories and finds material to bring back -- quite frankly, as a reward to the studio that has worked with me for so long. We have a very effective partnership, and we want to get some big movies off the ground."

We're not going to lie, his screenplays for the last couple Fast and the Furious movies have been brawny, silly affairs, and his profitable but bizarrely unfaithful adaptation of the comic book mini-series Wanted left us cold. But he sounds like a hard-working guy who just wants to entertain, meaning there are a lot less deserving individuals out there. We wish him luck.

Crave Online will be back with more Fast Six news if we can catch up to it.

source : http://www.craveonline.com/film/arti...y-in-the-works
    sigpic

Was very predictable. surprisingly enough the last one was dope.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X