New Scarface Movie in the Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Scarface Movie in the Works

Universal wants you to say hello to their little friend again.

Deadline reports that the studio is developing a new Scarface movie via Martin Bregman, producer of the 1983 remake of the 1932 gangster classic, and Marc Shmuger.

"The film is not intended to be a remake or a sequel. It will take the common elements of the first two films: an outsider, an immigrant, barges his way into the criminal establishment in pursuit of a twisted version of the American dream, becoming a kingpin through a campaign of ruthlessness and violent ambition," according to the site. The studio is keeping the new Scarface's ethnic origins a secret.

What do you think of there being another Scarface? Personaly i don't approve original one was a classic but we will see.

It will never be on same level as original.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm not happy with this. Scarface will alway be one of my favourite films, and No one can match Pacino in it...
      2PAC-FORUM.COM REFERENCE SECTION

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post

What do you think of there being another Scarface? Personaly i don't approve original one was a classic but we will see.
        the original that was in balck and white ?
        sigpic

Comment

the orginal one was a classic...

2lek: video is no longer here Fella!
          sigpic

Comment

Nooooooo! please don't do it! Don't ruin the classic! ;(

we don't have actors like Pacino no more... who's gonna play in this crap? justin beaver? fuck no!

Comment

OHH HELL Noo..I grew up with this shit..so fuck no..no remake of Scarface, no remake of JUICE..LET EM' ALONE..

Comment

I will have an opinion when the lead actor or actors are announced. They are running out of ideas for this type of film so remakes or re-boots are the way to go now it seems...!!

Comment

i hope its as good as the original plz!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikola View Post
                    It will never be on same level as original.
                    thats what i thought when i read the thread-title.it gon´suck 100%
                    Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

it probably might not be as good as the one with al pacino, but it does sound interesting
                      F-N-F
                      THE REMIX KING
                      / Certified Music Critic

Comment

Originally posted by MjjPac View Post
                        the original that was in balck and white ?
                        No i was just referring to the pacino one

Comment

Heres what will happen for me,

Hear this news, think nothing much about it. The 1983 version is untouchable nothing can even be on the same level.
                          this new one will come out. Out of intereST I will see it.
                          It will suck.

Yeah.

Comment

Not surprised. Seems like these days everything is being recycled. Has anyone seen the 1932 version? I caught it on tv one night not that long ago and it's pretty good. I was kind of shocked that the story from the '83 version is exactly the same as the '32 version. Instead of coke,it's alcohol,but in terms of the story everything else is basically the same. His sister,his boss. It has the phone call scene,like the one Pac recreated in AMW. I knew I had heard one time a long time ago that the Pacino one was a remake,but I never paid any attention to it. So it was weird watching a story line that I'm so use to,being played out with different people.
                            Last edited by Biological; 09-23-2011, 11:13 PM.
                            The views and opinions expressed in the above and titled post are solely those of Biological and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and opinions of others.

Comment

no matter what they make now it doesnt really affect the original as in the 1983 one...that will always hold its own....which is why i dont mind seeing it in a new face...just for the fun of it....who the fuck would play scarface though..

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X