Lionsgate Making Dead Island Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lionsgate Making Dead Island Movie

One of the greatest trailers we have seen for a long time came from the zombie game Dead Island. The initial trailer basically took the world by storm and soon after, we heard the first rumblings that Dead Island has been considered for a movie.

Well, it looks like that time is getting closer, as according to The Hollywood Reporter, Lionsgate has optioned the film rights from the video game publisher Deep Silver to create a movie based upon Dead Island.

Joe Drake the Lionsgate motion picture group president mentioned;

“This is exactly the type of property we’re looking to adapt at Lionsgate – it’s sophisticated, edgy, and a true elevation of a genre that we know and love. It also has built in brand recognition around the world, and franchise potential,”

I did not think the game was that good. Buggy as hell. They should make Left 4 dead into a movie instead of this.
    Death Row Records Samples List

Comment

Originally posted by hobomotel View Post
      I did not think the game was that good. Buggy as hell. They should make Left 4 dead into a movie instead of this.
      Please no i couldn't stand left 4 dead beat the first level and sold the game was complete crap.

Comment

Either L4D or Dead Island, i hope they do make a nice movie based on those games.

Comment

dead island has much more story than left 4 dead, only disappointed on dead island is its completely different story from the trailer

if they do make a movie for it, i would watch it
          F-N-F
          THE REMIX KING
          / Certified Music Critic

Comment

That didn't take long. It's a shame the trailer had nothing to do with the game.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X