The Dark Knight Rises: Prologue reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Knight Rises: Prologue reaction

I joined the gathered movie media for an early look at the opening six minutes of The Dark Knight Rises today. Here’s what I saw. What I heard isn’t so clear…

***Warning: Spoilers ahead***

The Dark Knight's prologue leaves you with a sense of upscaling Christopher Nolan's trilogy. We establish the ruthlessness of Bane (though, as you may have heard, his vocal is somewhat difficult to decipher) and witness a phenomenally crafted high-wiring aerial sequence. Here's what we saw.

We start with a series of shots of shattering glass that eventually reveal the bat logo, subtly suggesting the breaking of the bat. Cut to a shot of Gary Oldman’s commissioner Gordon giving a mournful speech at what appears to be Harvey Dent’s funeral. “I believed in Harvey Dent,” he says. Clearly, Dent has remained a good public figure right up to his death, suggesting that Batman will have remained in the shadows for the eight years following The Dark Knight.

We then go to an airstrip and the sense of a gigantic opening sequence becomes apparent. The sinister ‘Dr Pavel’ is being picked up by the CIA, who are led by Aidan Gillen (Tommy Carcetti from The Wire) in what appears to be a deal. They also collect two hostages with black bags on their heads. Their plane takes off and the CIA’s black-ops military personnel are in control.

Gillen’s agent starts grilling the two prisoners for information about the war criminal Bane. “Why does he wear the mask?!” he yells. A strange voice emerges from one of the black bags. The agent lifts it to reveal Bane himself, looking stone-cold terrifying. He's clearly been captured intentionally.

As this goes on, a much larger plane appears above the CIA’s plane. Militia rappel down from it and fix lines to the side of the smaller CIA plane. Actually, the CIA are Bane's prisoners. He breaks his bonds easily, making the superhuman strength of the comic book character apparent in Hardy's version. The larger plane lifts up, flipping the smaller plane upside down and breaking its tail-gear. This all looks remarkably real and expensive in Imax.

Inside, only Bane is ready and chaos erupts as everyone falls into the nose of the plane. He grabs the terrified hostage Dr Pavel (Alon Aboutboul) and sticks him with a needle. Pavel’s blood is transfused into a corpse brought down from the larger plane in a body bag. Clearly, they want the evidence to show Pavel’s death.

The end of the plane is blown open. Time to go. The other hostage goes for a rope but Bane tells him no. “Have we started the fire?” he asks. “The fire rages,” replies Hardy. The henchman then willingly sacrifices himself. The plane is broken loose. Leaving Bane, Pavel and his militia. It was an extraordinary aerial sequence, establishing an awful lot very quickly.

As you may have heard following the equivalent screening in the US, it is VERY difficult to make out what Bane is saying. It's like listening to someone speaking into a dodgy loudspeaker at a school sports day. There are several lines I didn’t catch. Fortunately, he wears a mask so the audio will undoubtedly be remastered seamlessly before general release.

We then see a sequence of shots from the following action. We see Batman and Bane in combat. We see an airborne ship (batship?) firing machine guns. We also see two shots of Anne Hathaway’s Catwoman, one behind bars and one in which she’s held captive in an orange jumpsuit in the back of a car. We also see the batmobile being blown up by Bane. Finally, we see Batman’s mask in Bane’s hand. He drops it and we fade to black. Ooooohhh… sinister!

We all know that Bane breaks Batman’s back and defeats him in the Knightfall comic book. The question on everyone’s lips is this: Will Christopher Nolan kill off Batman? It’s impossible to take a suggestion from this prologue. But, with the new poster also foreshadowing the end, we're undoubtedly supposed to be contemplating a bat-death.

Sweet. Looking forward to this motherhumper. Nice tit bits of info

Comment

Cant wait for this. Became a huge batman fan since i started reading them comics and since the last batman with heath ledger.

Comment

A second trailer video and the prologue video leaked
        Mainkan slot RTP Live gacor dari Pragmatic Play di Memori88! Nikmati winrate tertinggi, update slot terpanas, dan cara menang besar hanya di sini!

Comment

It's loading but nothing happens.... Wierd
          I ain't choosing sides
          Hell nah,fuck everybody
          It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
          Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
          Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
          I'm bullet proof
          Blazed up on top of my man's roof
          Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
          Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
          It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
          Now did everybody hear me?

Comment

Both are working for me. Quality is pretty bad tho

Comment

Bane looks gay, a man with a muzzle ... really a bad design
              My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
              Vinyls: 60
              Cassettes: 110
              CDs: 216

Comment

New trailer out now here it is

Comment

I just jizzed in my pants, but seriously i cant fucking wait

Comment

Originally posted by HazeSilver View Post
                    I just jizzed in my pants, but seriously i cant fucking wait
                    this is going to be film of the year without a doubt

Comment

That sceen on the "Football" field that was massive. Reminds me of when Joker blew up the hospital in Dark Knight
                      I ain't choosing sides
                      Hell nah,fuck everybody
                      It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
                      Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
                      Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
                      I'm bullet proof
                      Blazed up on top of my man's roof
                      Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
                      Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
                      It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
                      Now did everybody hear me?

Comment