James Cameron Talks T5 With Arnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Cameron Talks T5 With Arnie

The director of the original Terminator reveals that he has been advising Arnold Schwarzeneggar on T5.

James Cameron has been discussing the proposed fifth Terminator film, revealing that he has talked about the action-packed prospect with original star Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Speaking to MTV News, the director of parts one and two said, "I was talking to him back in fall about a new Terminator film and quietly advising him on that, I suppose you could say.

"I was trying to be as encouraging as possible. Frankly, at the time, I thought it needed to be more about him. I told him he should not do it until it's focussed on his character...I think there are some great stories that can be told about that character that haven't even been thought of yet."

Fast Five helmer Justin Lin was previously attached to helm the pic, but jumped ship to shoot The Fast and the Furious 6, leaving the film currently rudderless.

So would you like to see a T5 that focuses on the T-800? And is Arnie still capable of playing the part?

i`d be rather skeptical about arnie at his age doing this type of action film
    don`t get me wrong i love the 1st two films just cos arnie`s in them

Comment

He looked so old in 3, he'd be lucky to run in a 5th installment. Grampanator

Sent using tapatalk

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
      Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Could be used for some part in 5 yeah, but not a major part...

Comment

Definitely would be foolish casting him in a major role, the dude is ancient

Comment

Originally posted by Tron View Post
            Could be used for some part in 5 yeah, but not a major part...
            they gonna use him like they used him on terminator 4 plastic version of arnie

@ 0:15

Comment

damn i would love a t5 even to just erase t4 from my mind lol
              sigpic

Comment

They need to stop unless they can come up with something as epic as T2. Part three sucked so bad and four was good but not great. They jump on a script and start filming too soon! Wait until something epic is written & stop with the crappy casting. These movies stopped at T2 for me until something great comes along. Doesn't this franchise deserve better?

Comment

in fact they failed by doing a part 3, just watch the alternate ending of T2

sigpic

Comment

As soon as they used some A-List actor, as that Christian Bale or whatever his name is, I knew it was going to be shit, you just can't bring such a dope old school classic and mix it up with modern hollywood actors, the chemistry just doesn't fit up, it's just like mixing 2Pac with Ludacris on On Pac's Life, ...the idea is Ludicrous!

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
                    Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

maybe they can use the technology on arnold like they did with brad pitt on that curious benjamin film. it sucks getting old, i know im not looking forward to it!

cameron wanted to make T3 in the 90's the closest we got was T2 3D which was very good even though it's short.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X