Sam Raimi Sues Over Evil Dead 4 Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Raimi Sues Over Evil Dead 4 Rights

This one is looking ugly, and the said part is, its probably us fans that will get the short end of the stick when all this is said and done.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Renaissance Pictures, formed in 1979 by producer-director Sam Raimi, producer Robert Tapert and actor-producer Bruce Campbell for the first Evil Dead film. Now they are looking to sue Award Pictures who plan on making a fourth film in the Evil Dead franchise.

This of course is interfering with Raimi’s plan to make his own Evil Dead sequel for Sony Pictures and FilmDistrict.

According to the site, “Award Pictures isn’t laying down. The company is using Raimi’s comment in a 2000 book that he would never do a sequel as proof that the “Evil Dead” trademark was abandoned. The company now says it is the primary trademark holder of the film title.”

“Renaissance says Award Pictures’ planned film entitled Evil Dead 4: Consequences, is intended to cause confusion to consumers and that the key plot elements and character names “would inevitably infringe Renaissance’s copyright rights in The Evil Dead.”

wow thats some shit i been waiting for this movie for a long time... we need ash back and raimi has to do it ... i dont know about these austrailian dudes i hopie raimi wins

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X