ALF Creator Paul Fusco Thinks ‘Timing is Right’ for an ALF Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALF Creator Paul Fusco Thinks ‘Timing is Right’ for an ALF Movie

Paul Fusco, who is not only the creator of beloved 80's sci-fi sitcom ALF but also the voice and principal puppeteer of the show's titular character, recently told The Hollywood Reporter he feels the world is ready for the diminutive Melmackian's triumphant return.

"I think the timing is right," Fusco is quoted as saying. "That's a big important thing, timing. There have been movies out there of characters that I didn't think were on the same parallel as ALF that got movies made, so I think it's time. I think it could be a home run on a lot of levels."

And he isn't just pipe-dreaming: The Hollywood Reporter says Fusco plans to sell the idea of an ALF movie to "a major studio" in the coming weeks.

As for what audiences might expect, Fusco says the new-and-improved ALF would have a new family and be "more outspoken...than ever, because the world is a whole different place than the '80s."

Hopefully for Fusco, not so different that it would be unwilling to accept his reheated 80's leftover.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X