E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial Phones Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial Phones Blu-ray

If your plants are coming back to life, we might know why!

It's a good time to be a Blu-ray owner. The Spielberg classics are rolling in! First Indiana Jones, then Jaws, now E.T. Universal has released the first official trailer for the upcoming Blu-ray of E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial, which is expected to hit shelves sometime this fall, likely after the August Blu-ray release of Jaws.

According to the trailer, the Blu-ray will be digitally remastered from the original 35MM film elements, with 7.1 surround sound (presumably DTS-HD Master Audio). The trailer also promises hours of bonus features.

Unfortunately, no mention was made regarding which cut of the film (the 2002 extended version or the original 1982 theatrical cut) will make it to Blu-ray, though it's likely to be both cuts (we hope). It's safe to say it's probably, at the very least, the 1982 cut, as the trailer features the infamous FBI agent shotgun scene instead of the 2002 softer version with agents holding walkie talkies. Also, back in September 2011, IGN reported that Spielberg was planning to bring the original theatrical cut to Blu-ray (as he noted he regretted the changes he later made). The question was whether he'd include the 2002 version, too.

Here's a look at the tenative box art, also featured in the trailer:

And here it is....the one that started it all....the shitty fuckin edits i mean! I could gives a rats ass if this includes the piece of shit extended *edited* version of the film, but it's a definite must buy for me if it's actually the 1982 version!

Comment

Nice, will be good to watch this classic all over again, in crisp clear Blu-Ray!

Have the Blu-Rayed, "Willow?" Feel like I'm 8 years old now...

Comment

being a Blu-ray owner is over rated these money hungry sucker will put anything out to make a buck that's why i dont buy movies no more fuck them i dl everything cant wait till this drops so i can dl this 2
        Originally Posted by Crusty

other boards dropped exclusive songs and videos but nothing here from the people whom have tons of exclusive stuff?
        i`m confused

Comment

Originally posted by Correa View Post
          being a Blu-ray owner is over rated these money hungry sucker will put anything out to make a buck that's why i dont buy movies no more fuck them i dl everything cant wait till this drops so i can dl this 2
          You obviously dont own a good movie set up do you?

Comment

gonna look for details at the extras included on this release... i'm curious as what they are putting out.

i think it will have both versions also.... which will be sweet

Comment

I really didn't like the special effects on the 2002 version, the original was more realistic lol
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oompa Loompa View Post
                I really didn't like the special effects on the 2002 version, the original was more realistic lol
                Although the special effect "improvements" that they did to the film really bug me....they dont bother me nowhere as much as how they edited out the shotguns and guns and replaced them with walkie talkies.....it's the dumbest thing ever honestly!

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X