Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Real Star Trek Villain Please Stand Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Real Star Trek Villain Please Stand Up?

Simon Pegg claims Khan is not in Star Trek 2. Or does he?

I hope this is true, but my gut tells me it's not: Simon Pegg -- the rebooted Scotty -- says that despite the general consensus among Star Trek nerds, Khan is not the villain in the next Trek film.

Remember When Tom Hiddleston Claimed Loki Wasn't in The Avengers?

The Telegraph spoke to the actor recently about the film, which just finished shooting. When the topic of Benedict Cumberbatch -- who plays the unnamed villain in the film -- came up, Pegg replied that “[He's] not just another disgruntled alien" and "It's not Khan."

"It's not Kahn."

hat would seem to be a pretty declarative statement. But let's look more closely at the context of this. The paper says:

"Given internet rumours that Cumberbatch has been cast as Kirk and Spock nemesis Khan, will this be a very different 'wrath of Khan' from the 1982 film of the same name?"

Pegg's answer reads as follows:

“'It’s not Khan,' replies Pegg, annoyed. 'That’s a myth. Everyone’s saying it is, but it’s not.'”

So does Pegg mean Khan the character or Wrath of Khan, the classic 1982 movie? It seems like you could take the quote either way, and let's not forget that the inside word on the new film seems to have Khan as a lock. But of course, the inside word from movie sets has been wrong before. And Pegg doesn't sound too happy with the notion of online scoop-hunting in the first place.

Listen to the Star Trek Podcast

"I think people just want to have a scoop," he says. "It annoys me -- it’s beyond the point to just ferret around for spoilers all the time to try to be the first to break them. … It just spoils the film. It masquerades as interest in the movie but really it’s just nosiness and impatience. You just want to say, ‘Oh f--- off! Wait for the film!’”
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X