Clive Barker to Pen Zombies vs. Gladiators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clive Barker to Pen Zombies vs. Gladiators

The title Zombies vs. Gladiators doesn’t really ring out a, Clive Barker film, but who knows, with his artistic and fully imaginative touch, this could be something to keep our eyes on.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Clive Barker has been tapped to rewrite Zombies vs. Gladiators for Amazon Studios, yes, the Amazon.com studio.

“Set in ancient Rome, theZombies vs. Gladiators story begins when a shaman who is about to die in the Colosseumcasts a spell that unleashes the world’s first zombies. It’s up to a gladiator to stop the spread of the zombie horde and save Rome.”

Even though Amazon Studios has sixteen projects on the cards, Zombies vs. Gladiators is quickly moving forward due to zombies still being a hot topic.

Regarding the project, Barker said, “I’m excited by the opportunity to interweave two very rich narrative threads. One of them concerns itself with the reality of the decadence of Rome and its rise and fall. The other is a fantastical narrative element: the living dead. My brief to myself on this project is to give the audience not only zombies they have never seen before but also a Rome they have never seen before.”

While the title sounds a little off putting or something you may find of the SyFy channel or The Asylum for that matter, it does have Clive Barker on scripting duties, so I’m more than intrigued.

i`ll probably watch this without expecting anything amazing so i ain`t gonna be dissapointed

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X