RoboCop Adds Samuel L. Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoboCop Adds Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson has joined the cast of Jose Padilha's RoboCop, says a story at The Hollywood Reporter. He'll play Pat Novak, a powerful TV mogul opposite Joel Kinnaman's Alex Murphy and Gary Oldman's a scientist named Norton.

A reboot of the 1987 Paul Verhoeven film, RoboCop will again tell the story of a police officer who, after nearly being killed in the line of duty, is rebuilt as a crime-fighting cyborg. The original film spawned two sequels and multiple television series spinoffs.

Jackson was recently seen on the big screen in Marvel's The Avengers, reprising his Iron Man role as Nick Fury. Coming up, he'll re-team with Quentin Tarantino for Django Unchained, set for release on Christmas Day.

RoboCop, meanwhile, is planned to hit theaters on August 9, 2013.

i grew up on robocop i loved the films (1st film is classic imo) i had most of the toys as well lol
    so i can`t wait for this one

Comment

I remember the 1st one with stalone when I was a kid, never saw the rest I don't think, this should be good! I wish they told us about it next june instead cause now we have to wait a year and 2 months

Comment

Originally posted by James Bond View Post
        I remember the 1st one with stalone
        do you mean Sylvester Stallone if you do he was never in robocop mate

Comment

Originally posted by James Bond View Post
          I remember the 1st one with stalone when I was a kid, never saw the rest I don't think, this should be good! I wish they told us about it next june instead cause now we have to wait a year and 2 months
          Your thinking of the wrong movie then cause there was no stalone in the 1987 robocop or any of them for that matter Peter Weller was robocop

Comment

Maybe he's thinking of Judge Dredd. That's another pretty good movie. This RoboCop remake is getting my attention. I usually hate on remakes but this one has potential. Just about anybody can be RoboCop. It's the script that really matters. I like where this movie is going so far. I wish I could see a teaser trailer.
            Last edited by skitzo; 06-06-2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Samuel L Jackson is in every fucking movie ever produced

Comment

Originally posted by skitzo View Post
                Maybe he's thinking of Judge Dredd. That's another pretty good movie. This RoboCop remake is getting my attention. I usually hate on remakes but this one has potential. Just about anybody can be RoboCop. It's the script that really matters. I like where this movie is going so far. I wish I could see a teaser trailer.
                Yea could be i actually just posted screens of the new judge dredd movie in this category

Comment

Im slightly interested in this purely cos I loved 1&2 growing up. I still remember vividly him getting all his limbs blown off by that gang lol

Comment

hopefully they make this shit dope . theres a lot they can do with this

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                    Working...
                    X