Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucker Punch Babe Joins RoboCop

Abbie Cornish to play Murphy's "widow."

Sucker Punch and Limitless actress Abbie Cornish has reportedly joined the cast of MGM's remake of RoboCop, which begins filming this September in Toronto.

Deadline claims Cornish will play the wife of felled police office Alex Murphy (Joel KInnaman) who thinks she's a widow, but it turns out her hubby's just been turned into the titular cyborg lawman. You know, that old chestnut.

In other RoboCop news, Joel Kinnaman has been doing press lately and has had a few things to say about Jose Padilha's remake. Kinnaman told Vulture, "I need to gain a little weight. Holder [his character in The Killing] is scrawny, and Alex Murphy is more of a heavier guy, because he's doing SWAT in 2049. And so even though Holder's also a cop, I need to go in and learn SWAT training. We want to be very accurate. I had done ride-alongs with the Compton sheriff's office when I was researching Holder, and that kind of information does come into play. This time, I need to do a lot more than that."

Kinnaman also spoke about the reality of RoboCop in a chat with Movieline, saying the possibility of a RoboCop in the future is closer than you think. "Have you seen these Japanese hospital droids, or humanoids, or whatever they call it? They’ve perfected the skin, and the skin looks so real. They have these motors between the eyes for when they smile. It’s just mind-blowing. We’re pretty close already. You can find it on YouTube! It’s spooky," said KInnaman. He added that "our vision of a robot 30 years from now is very different from what a robot was in the future in 1987. That is the main thing, and then there are obviously some things in the script that lead into that that I can’t talk about."

i know this ain`t temptations section but fuck it she would get it lol

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X