Alex Russell Spills Pig’s Blood In ‘Carrie’ Reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Russell Spills Pig’s Blood In ‘Carrie’ Reboot

Maria Lewis reports: In the age of reboots and remakes, Chronicle star Alex Russell has spoken out in defence of Kimberely Peirce’s upcoming Carrie remake.

The Aussie actor plays the ill-fated Billy Nolan in the film – “he’s the one responsible for the pig’s blood” – and said Peirce’s take is “justifiable“.

“The original is a classic but the way Kimberley Pierce is playing everything, I feel like her spin on it is going to be so different,” he said.

“It’s a very valid, justifiable remake of a classic.

“It’s a thing that’s really going to stand on its own.”

Best known for his breakout role in Chronicle earlier this year, Russell said he’s “pumped” be starring alongside Chloe Moretz and Julianne Moore.

“I’m so excited to be able to meet Julianne Moore, (and) Chloe Moretz.

“I feel like I’m going to be sort of rocking up and surrounded by artists I admire.

“Hopefully I can keep my cool and not get nervous.”

Russell said he only watched the original 1976 movie for the first time after he auditioned for the part and that he’s currently reading Stephen King’s novel.

The Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa adaptation of the Stephen King thriller is about the hyperkinetic teenager who gets pushed too far at the prom and wreaks havoc on her fellow high school students.

Sony have Carrie slated for a March 15, 2013 release.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X