Hugh Laurie To Diagnose ‘RoboCop’ With Lupus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugh Laurie To Diagnose ‘RoboCop’ With Lupus

Casting continues (and then some) for MGM’s RoboCop as Hugh Laurie (pictured above; “House”) has now been set to play one of the film’s primary villains.

Per The Hollywood Reporter, “Laurie will play the evil and ultra-rich CEO of Omnicorp, the company that makes Robocop.“. In theory I’m sort of against this remake – but I have to admit the cast is impressive and I think Laurie could really, really shine in this role. My interest just shot up a notch.

Jose Padilha is directing the film, which is being produced by Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman. Laurie is joining quite the cast. Joel Kinnaman (“The Killing”) is the title character, a cop named Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death and turned into a cyborg police officer. Gary Oldman will play Norton, the scientist who creates RoboCop and finds himself torn between the ideals of the machine trying to rediscover its humanity and the callous needs of a corporation. Samuel Jackson will play Pat Novak, a charismatic media mogul and a powerful force in the Robocop world. Cornish has been offered the role of his wife who thinks she is a widow

While no start date has been set, the production is eyeing a shoot in Toronto and has a tentative release date of August 9, 2013.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X