Transformers 4 Could Go to Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformers 4 Could Go to Space

Transformers maestro Michael Bay was at Universal Studios Hollywood recently to support the new Transformers: The Ride -- 3D, and while he was there he dropped a few hints about the in-the-works fourth film in the series.

For starters, he revealed that Optimus Prime and the gang could spend some time in space. Hero Complex asked Bay if Transformers 4 might "involve a departure from Earth," and the director responded, "I think so, yeah, a little. … That feels like the way to go, doesn’t it? I want to go a little off but I don’t want to go too sci-fi. I still want to keep it grounded. That’s what works in these movies, that’s what makes it accessible."

Bay also said that the plan is to spend about $30 million less on this film than they did on the last outing, Transformers: Dark of the Moon. So that might help keep the sequel grounded somewhat anyway. And yes, it is a sequel and not a reboot, despite the fact that no original castmembers are expected to return.

“It’s not a reboot, that’s maybe the wrong word,” Bay says. “I don’t want to say reboot because then people will think we’re doing a Spider-Man and starting from the beginning. We’re not. We’re taking the story that you’ve seen -- the story we’ve told in three movies already -- and we’re taking it in a new direction. But we’re leaving those three as the history. It all still counts."
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X