Ice Cube Talks 'Straight Outta Compton' Movie. Says His Son Will Play Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Cube Talks 'Straight Outta Compton' Movie. Says His Son Will Play Him

Coming soon to a theater near you is the biopic about the West Coast rap crew that changed hip hop forever. 'Straight Outta Compton' will chronicle the rise to fame of Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, MC Ren, DJ Yella and Eazy E, known together as N.W.A.

The Boombox recently caught up with Cube to talk about the movie, which is currently in pre-production.

"I'm full-in. I'm producing it along with a few other people," Cube told The Boombox. "We got [F.] Gary Gray to direct it and it's cool because he does good work. We don't have to teach him what N.W.A. is about; he lived it."

Cube added that there is a lot of work being done right now on the script to ensure that the film is authentic as possible.

"I'm excited," he continued. "A lot of it is about the pre-production of the movie since it's a period film. Even though it's just the '80s, you gotta make sure that we have the flavor. But it's full steam ahead."

The casting directors won't have to look far to find the person who will portray Cube in the movie. Cube has someone in mind who is close to home.

"I want my son to play me," Cube said. "I'ma give him a shot, see what he can do."

Cube has two sons, OMG (OhMy Goodness) and Doughboy. While he didn't say specifically which one he had chosen for the role, OMG bears a striking resemblance to his father.

The D.O.C. should play him, he dose a good impression of Cube.
    The best part starts at 4:21...lol

The views and opinions expressed in the above and titled post are solely those of Biological and doesn't necessarily reflect the views and opinions of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Biological View Post
      The D.O.C. should play him, he dose a good impression of Cube.
      The best part starts at 4:21...lol

The Doc ain't even got a voice no more how could you expect him to play that part lol

Comment

I'm curious. Gary Gray its a good Producer, he is known to us by some of the things he had served well.
        whether this film or biopic can be described as authentic we will see.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X