Spider-Man Makes $7.5 Million in Midnight Debut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider-Man Makes $7.5 Million in Midnight Debut

Reboot scores second-best 12am opening of the summer.

Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man grossed $7.5 million in its Monday night midnight debut, making it the second-best moneymaker in that category so far this summer. (The Avengers holds on to the top spot with a big $18.5 million in midnight showings.)

The film's IMAX screenings last night brought in $1.2 million on 300 screens. According to The Hollywood Reporter, "Sony was pleased that Amazing Spider-Man … matched the midnight earnings of Spider-Man 3, which debuted over the May 4-6 weekend in 2007. The threequel debuted to $151.1 million, then the highest three-day opening of all time." The new movie is in line with Iron Man 2, Star Trek and the first Twilight in terms of midnight grosses.

Amazing Spider-Man is expected to pull in somewhere in the $110 million to $120 million range domestically during its current six-day holiday debut. The film already opened in some international territories last weekend, where it has made over $50 million so far.

Bout to catch this movie in a bit, heard a lot of good things about it!
    A lil over a year ago I was in bondage
    & now I'm back out here reaping the blessings
    & getting the benefits that go along with it
    Everythin that's out here for kings like us
    The reason why we like this this jewelry & this diamonds & stuff
    They don't understand is because we really from Africa
    & that's where all this stuff come from
    & we originated from kings

Comment

watched the 3D version of the movie yesterday, it's a fantastic movie ...cant wait for part 2 & 3
      My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
      Vinyls: 60
      Cassettes: 110
      CDs: 216

Comment

damn .... sounds good to me
        [MENTION=458]Big Exodus

Is it better than the other Spidey movies

Comment

yepp sounds really good, The next day, I will also look

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
            damn .... sounds good to me
            [MENTION=458]Big Exodus

Is it better than the other Spidey movies
            hmm, it's a matter of taste
            I will watch the movie again when they release the blu-ray to make a final decision
            when you like the "old" trilogy (or part 1& 2 because nobody likes part 3) then you will like this reboot too
            My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
            Vinyls: 60
            Cassettes: 110
            CDs: 216

Comment

Originally posted by Big Exodus View Post
              hmm, it's a matter of taste
              I will watch the movie again when they release the blu-ray to make a final decision
              when you like the "old" trilogy (or part 1& 2 because nobody likes part 3) then you will like this reboot too

I enjoyed part 2 from the trilogy .. it was funny .. anyways thanks for opinion

Comment

Amazing Spider-Man did a MUCH better job at Peter Parker's character than the first 3 ever did. I think they really botched up when they chose Tobey as Spider-Man in the originals, Andrew Garfield really reminds me of the Spider-Man in the comics and the cartoons. This new movie is overall a lot better than Spider-Man 3 but I dunno about the first two because when the first two came out they were both visually amazing for their time. It's probably because I'm not a huge fan of The Lizard haha.

I think if anything this movie can be compared to Batman Begins because it sets the stage and the characters more than it showcases Spider-Man himself. Now that most of the characters have been established (*SPOILERS* this movie has yet to introduce MJ, JJJ, Harry, Norman, etc *SPOILERS*), I think that a sequel has the potential to be even better than the original movies.
                A lil over a year ago I was in bondage
                & now I'm back out here reaping the blessings
                & getting the benefits that go along with it
                Everythin that's out here for kings like us
                The reason why we like this this jewelry & this diamonds & stuff
                They don't understand is because we really from Africa
                & that's where all this stuff come from
                & we originated from kings

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X