Rob Zombie: ‘The Lords of Salem’ “Is Like Chinese Water Torture”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Zombie: ‘The Lords of Salem’ “Is Like Chinese Water Torture”

ARTISTdirect caught up with Rob Zombie to talk about his forthcoming album but took a detour into the world of The Lords of Salem, his latest genre outing that’s still in post-production.

“I’m in the final stages of finishing the film. By the end of August, we’ll be done. The sound designers are still creating some of the sound effects for the movie. Once they’re done, I’ll go into the mix stage in August and mix the final sound for the movie. Then, I’ll be done,” Zombie explains.

But what we all want to know is what kind of horror can we expect? Zombie explains that it’s a slow burn with a pretty large payoff. “This movie is definitely a slow psychological burn…It’s a weird movie,” said Zombie. “When you watch it, it seems like there’s not a lot happening for a while. However, what’s happening is you’re starting to get sucked into the pace of the movie though.”

“It’s a very strange movie. I wanted to go against a lot of the conventions that I’ve seen in what are considered horror movies. There are certain things that always happen. I wanted to break away from them. It’s a more psychological movie.” Zombie adds that, while it’s a slow burn, some crazy shit does happen: “Lots of little crazy things happen all the way through it. There’s not one particular thing where you’re flying out of your seat.

“The way it unfolds is like Chinese water torture dripping on you,” jokes Zombie.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X