Anthony Mackie To Play Falcon In Captain America Sequel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Mackie To Play Falcon In Captain America Sequel

Marvel Studios is prepping to get Captain America: The Winter Solider into production, and they are currently in talks with Anthony Mackie (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) to take on the role of Falcon. He will star along side Chris Evans in the movie, which will obviously follow the storyline from the comics in which Bucky comes back from the dead as a brain-washed super assassin known as the Winter Soldier.

I guess I can see Mackie in this role, he doesn't really seem like the superhero type, but I'm sure that once I see him in costume it will make more sense. The Falcon's real name is Sam Wilson, and he "grew up in a tough Harlem neighborhood. His father, a minister, had been killed trying to stop a fight. Sam did his best to try and do the right thing, but when his mother was killed by a mugger two years later, Sam's grief and anger consumed him. His grief and anger consumed his personality, eventually led him down a criminal path." He eventually changed his ways and ended up fighting alongside Captain America. "He became a social worker in his regular identity, defending the streets of his hometown both in costume and out of it." He derives his powers from a suit which allows him to fly and enhances his strength. He can also telepathically talk to birds. In current comics, Falcon is a key player in many of Cap's espionage adventures.

Marvel put on one hell of a show at Comic-Con this year, and got fans extremely excited for the future of Marvel phase 2 films.

Here's what we know about the Captain America sequel so far...

Captain America 2 Takes Place Post-Avengers
    Captain America 2 Starts Filming In January 2013
    Steve Rogers Is Still Part Of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Captain America Will Have Avengers Backdrop

The movie is scheduled to be released in theaters on April 4th, 2014.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X