Judy Greer Says Pig’s Blood Scene In New ‘Carrie’ Will Look “Amazeballs…”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judy Greer Says Pig’s Blood Scene In New ‘Carrie’ Will Look “Amazeballs…”

Kimberly Peirce is officially behind the camera for Carrie, the latest adaptation of Stephen King’s coming-of-age novella. The MGM/Screen Gems stars Chloe Moretz (Kick Ass, Let Me in), Julianne Moore (Hannibal), Alex Russell (Chronicle), Ansel Elgort, Gabriella Wilde (The Three Musketeers), Judy Greer (The Descendants) and Portia Doubleday (Youth In Revolt).

Principal photography started last month Toronto, Ontario. While they haven’t actually shot the pig’s blood scene yet, Greer – who plays the compassionate Mrs. Desjardin – has seen some tests and says it won’t disappoint. “It’s amazeballs… Weirdly, it’s kind of beautiful,” she told E! “It’s really totally jarring and creepy but also in a strange way gorgeous.” She also had kind things to say about Moretz, “ Chloë’s performance — and this is literal — has brought me to tears on set. She’s made me cry because I find her performance to be incredibly moving. I’m feeling a lot of compassion for her.”

In the film, “The quiet suburb of Chamberlain, Maine is home to the deeply religious and conservative Margaret White (Moore) and her daughter Carrie (Moretz). Carrie is a sweet but meek outcast whom Margaret has sheltered from society. Gym teacher Miss Desjardin (Greer) tries in vain to protect Carrie from local mean girls led by the popular and haughty Chris Hargenson (Portia Doubleday, Youth in Revolt), but only Chris’ best friend, Sue Snell (Gabriella Wilde, The Three Musketeers), regrets their actions. In an effort to make amends, Sue asks her boyfriend, high school heartthrob Tommy Ross (newcomer Ansel Elgort), to take Carrie to prom. Pushed to the limit by her peers at the dance, Carrie unleashes telekinetic havoc.”
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X