World War Z might not be an undead disaster after all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War Z might not be an undead disaster after all

After a round of truly terrible set reports calling Marc Forster's adaptation of World War Z "headless" and doomed, Cabin In The Woods writer and director Drew Goddard was hired to smooth out any script issues. And Goddard has come out swinging for the much-maligned picture. In an interview with Collider, Goddard defended the project against recent (and unwelcome) critical scrutiny:

I think a lot of that got blown out of proportion. It really was like, they asked me to come look at the movie and give ideas on how to help, and that's what happened. That happens all the time, I don't know why this got blown up with World War Z and it suddenly became a big thing. It's the sort of thing that happens with screenwriters all the time where you give your ideas on what could help, you write some scenes for people [...] I feel bad for the sort of magnifying glass that that movie's under because this is just a normal part of the process, this is just what happens [...] My involvement was just watch the movie, give some ideas, write some scenes that might help [...] just sort of fill in stuff, which is what I did.

We enjoyed Cabin in the Woods thoroughly — could there be hope for this picture yet?
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X