Jason Statham In Sly Stallone's Homefront

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Statham In Sly Stallone's Homefront

If you would have asked me ten minutes ago if I ever thought I'd see James Franco starring along side Jason Statham in a Sylvester Stallone scripted movie, I would have thought you were nuts. Yet here I am reporting that it's happening. I'm starting to learn nothing is impossible.

The movie is described as an action thriller that "follows Phil Broker (Statham), an ex-DEA agent who moves his family to a quiet town hoping to escape his past. However, he finds the town to be overrun with violence, drug traffickers and an evil meth magnate named Gator (Franco). To save his endangered family, retribution is now the only thing Broker seeks."

So it looks like Franco is going to get his ass kicked by Statham in the film which should be fun to watch. The movie is being directed by Gary Fleder (Runaway Jury, Kiss the Girls, Don't Say a Word), and produced by Stallone along with executive Avi Lerner who had this to say in a statement...

I cannot think of a better group to put this film on the big screen. Sly's script is fantastic, James and Jason are remarkable actors and Gary really knows how direct this type of film. We start production at the end of September in New Orleans.

Stallone and Statham recently worked together on The Expendables 2. I'm excited to see how this Homefront movie turns out! I think it will be great watching Franco and Statham act together in a movie!
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X