World Of Warcraft Movie Has A New Screenwriter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Of Warcraft Movie Has A New Screenwriter

Unfortunately, Sam Raimi is no longer directing the big screen adaptation of World of Warcraft, but Legendary Entertainment is still excited about bringing Blizzard Entertainment's epic video game to the big screen. The studio just hired The Seventh Son and Blood Diamond scribe Charles Leavitt to write a new draft of the script.

According to Variety, Legendary loved Leavitt's take on the fantasy tale. This is getting the ball rolling again on the project and the studio is going on the hunt for a new director to take over the empty spot left by Raimi. Raimi had to drop out of the project so that he could commit himself to Disney's OZ: The Great and Powerful. Hopefully they can bring on another top notch director to take on the challenge of bringing this world to life.

Blizzard-chief Bobby Kotick had this to say in a statement, " If it's important to Blizzard it's important to me. They're very excited about having a World of Warcraft film. They've been very careful and thoughtful about the development process." He went on to praise Legendary on their approach to the property.

If everything moves forward with this movie smoothly we could see a WOW movie sometime in 2014! Who would you like to see direct the movie?

Legendary has six big movies coming out in 2013 which includes Jack the Giant Killer, The Hangover Part III, Man of Steel, Pacific Rim, 300: Battle of Artemisia and Seventh Son. Legendary also has an adaptation of BioWare's Mass Effect in development.

Ah man I can't wait for this shit even though i don't play anymore too time consuming i definitley would watch this shit nothing is better than the LORE of world of warcraft.
    Love.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X