Jeremy Renner Discusses Hawkeye Solo Film And The Avengers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Renner Discusses Hawkeye Solo Film And The Avengers

It's crazy to watch an actor's career blow up, which is exactly what happened to Jeremy Renner after he made The Hurt Locker. The guy gets to be involved with some incredibly cool movies, and the fact that he was cast as Hawkeye in the Marvel cinematic universe is pretty awesome. The actor recently did an interview with Hero Complex where he talked about the possibility of a Hawkeye solo movie, and being involved with The Avengers.
    When asked if we would see a Hawkeye solo film he said,

I don’t know. I think there’s always possibilities of anything in the Marvel universe. There’s gotta be a want from people to see something like that. I don’t know if there is. Maybe there is maybe there isn’t. But who knows? We’ll see.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Hawkeye solo film! I bet it could turn out being just as badass as any of the other Marvel films if done right. He's then asked about The Avengers and what it was like playing both sides,

At the end of the day, 90% of the movie, I’m not the character I signed on to play. I’m literally in there for two minutes, and then all of a sudden… All I could really work on was the physical part of it all, because that didn’t change. That was just the biggest challenge to overcome in playing the guy. Also, we’re pretty much introducing a new superhero character to everyone in a movie where there’s a thousand superheroes. So there’s not a lot of back story or understanding we can really tell about who Clint Barton is, or Hawkeye, and is he working for SHIELD or not. There’s a lot of unanswered questions, even for me. And I was OK with that. At least I was still in the movie. And I was glad for that. The closest thing I could really link to was Scarlett [Johansson's] character, Black Widow, because they have a history. And that definitely plays in the movie, I think. And obviously, you can’t go into too much just because there’s so much story to tell, but you definitely get a sense that they’re connected, and that there’s something really, really important that ties them together. And I could try to summarize it, but it can go a lot of places. That excites me, though, that there’s room for other things.

Which is exactly why it would be great to see a Hawkeye movie! I'd like to see the character fleshed out a bit more in Marvel's movie universe, and I think Marvel should do it some day, I don't see why they wouldn't. Would you want to see a Hawkeye movie?

It seems like he was a little disappointed that he didn't get to really play the character he signed on to play.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X