Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is the Possibility of a Gremlins Remake? Frank Marshall Weighs In...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is the Possibility of a Gremlins Remake? Frank Marshall Weighs In...

Every so often, two questions come up: Will there ever be a Gremlins 3? Or, will the 1984 film get the remake treatment?

This is followed by the usual fan wank discussion of if and when they did do a new film, how "all CGI" gremlins would suck and "practical FX is the only way to go."

But that's all stuff that gets one's ire raised for no reason...because there's nothing going on with a new film.

Our brother site Crave Online conducted an interview with Frank Marshall, who served as an executive producer on Joe Dante's Gremlins and Gremlins 2. And he asked if there was the possibility of a redo.

"No, I don’t think so," he told the site. "I think by now we have something in our contracts, or at least Amblin does, where it can’t be remade without Steven’s permission."

Well, that's good news. It would be nice to have one successful '80s film remain untouched by the Hollywood remake beast, however, I still suspect Gremlins is one splash of water away from sprouting some incarnation or another. It's just a question of who will accidentally tip that paintbrush cup filled with agua over on this property. Steven Spielberg himself, maybe?
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X