Bourne Legacy overtakes Dark Knight at US box office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bourne Legacy overtakes Dark Knight at US box office

Action film The Bourne Legacy has topped the North American box office chart, knocking The Dark Knight Rises off the number one spot.

The latest instalment in the Bourne series took $40.3m (£25.7m) in its opening weekend, according to studio estimates.
    Jeremy Renner plays special agent Aaron Cross in the first Bourne movie without Matt Damon.
    But the film took less than the $69.3m debut for Damon's final Bourne outing.
    The Bourne Ultimatum was released in 2007.
    Political comedy The Campaign, starring Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis as rivals in a US congress election, made its debut at number two with takings of $27.4m (£17.4m) between Friday and Sunday.
    Batman film The Dark Knight dropped to third place and Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones' marital comedy Hope Springs opened at number four with $15.6m (£10m).
    The Bourne Legacy, which also stars Rachel Weisz, is the fourth film in the franchise.
    Renner plays an agent pursued by Jason Bourne's old spymasters after they try to stop an espionage programme in a cover-up conspiracy.
    "I love the fact that we were able to re-boot this and do as well as we were able to," said Nikki Rocco, Universal's head of distribution. "It leaves it open for us to think about it going forward.
    "We are very much into what it's going to look like the next time."

BBC...

Already posted this few days ago

Sent from my LG-P690b using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
      Already posted this few days ago

Sent from my LG-P690b using Tapatalk 2

was hoping u didnt post it already ..looked thru 1st page in movie section and didnt see it... sorry man

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
        was hoping u didnt post it already ..looked thru 1st page in movie section and didnt see it... sorry man
        Np it was probably a few pages back as it was 3 days ago http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...ghlight=bourne

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X