Jim Carrey Offered Role In Kick Ass 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Carrey Offered Role In Kick Ass 2

It's being reported that that Jim Carrey has been offered a supporting role in the Jeff Wadlow directed movie Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall. Carrey would play a character named The Colonel, the creator of the superhero team Justice Forever.

I hope he takes the part! I think it would actually be great to see Carrey in the film. I'm not the biggest fan of his anymore, but joining a movie like this couldn't hurt his career. According to Deadline Carrey is a big fan of director Matthew Vaughn and his original Kick-Ass film. If that's the case... why wouldn't he do it?

If he does take the role he will join Chloe Moretz, Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Robert Emms, Donald Faison and Nicolas Cage. Would you like to see Carrey play this character in Kick-Ass.

Here's a little more detailed info on the character:

Colonel Stars used to work for John Genovese alongside the man who would become Lieutenant Stripes. Both men became born-again Christians before leaving Genovese's employment. Because of this, both survived when Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl tookthe organization down.

Colonel Stars and Lieutenant Stripes both formed Justice Forever, inviting other superheroes to join. They soon recruited Remembering Tommy, Night Bitch, Insect Man, Battle Guy and later Kick-Ass. Their first mission involved taking down a human trafficking organization.

Colonel Stars shows contradictory elements in appearing to be a hardened tough guy when in reality sometimes appearing to be quite soft. He seems to be a genuine nice person making a difference. He later admits that although he has no problems letting his dog, Sofia, eat a criminal's genitals, the guns he carries are empty and are there purely for intimidation purposes.

Here's a video of Carrey dressed up as Kick-Ass singing a Kick-Ass version of It's Not Easy with Conan O' Brien.

would be nice to see him in part 2
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

Is it bad that I've never heard of part 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveligurl View Post
        Is it bad that I've never heard of part 1?
        yes!!!
        fun aside ...not really
        when you like film adaptations of comic books you should give this movie a chance

the movie is about a boy who decides one day to become a super-hero, even though he has no powers.

I enjoyed part 1
        My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
        Vinyls: 60
        Cassettes: 110
        CDs: 216

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X