First Look At New 'RoboCop' Suit From Upcoming Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Look At New 'RoboCop' Suit From Upcoming Remake

Filming of the remake of the 1987 sci-fi action classic, RoboCop, has begun filming in Toronto, and the folks over at ComingSoon.net got a hold of the first images of the updated costume for the cyborg cop's new suit.

The photos here show actor Joel Kinnaman in the full RoboCop suit, showing the updated design, which ditches the bulky, chrome look of the original for a trimmed-down silhouette with a black matte finish.

Kinnaman plays the character of Alex Murphy, a gunned-down Detroit police officer reborn as an unstoppable robotic, cyborg cop out for justice. Director José Padilla is at the helm, alongside co-stars Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, and Samuel L. Jackson, as well as Abbie Cornish, Jackie Earle Haley, Michael K. Williams, Jay Baruchel, Jennifer Ehle, and Marianne Jean-Baptiste.

According to reports, the suit in the original took designer Rob Bottin ten months to construct at a cost of nearly $1 million (the budget for the entire film was only around $13 million). The original actor, Peter Weller, said it got so hot in the suit he lost upwards of three pounds a day just from sweating.

The upcoming RoboCop remake isn't due in theaters until August 9, 2013. Stay tuned...

Read more: http://www.ballerstatus.com/2012/09/...#ixzz26lofMYFq

Looks ugly imo

the fuck?

almost looks like the new Judge Dredd suit..just a guy in rubber lol

fuck this shit

Comment

Judge Dred mixed with Ninja Gaiden
      Death Row Records Samples List

Comment

Yea not a big fan of the new look they could of least kept it the silver color.

Comment

Lame. Robocop is supposed to be ROBO, not fucking PVC batman.
          It make homos game at females.

Comment

Looks like a generic modern sci-fi suit. I feel like I've seen this a thousand times

Comment

wait till the final touching ...the most costumes looked crap on behind the scenes photos
              My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
              Vinyls: 60
              Cassettes: 110
              CDs: 216

Comment

thats fucking shocking and i dont think robocop needs a remake shit leave it alone
                sigpic

Comment

can you fly bobby??

wow that suit looks shit.
                  should of stick with the classic design.

at least we still have the violent original, this shit will be PG.

DEAD OR ALIVE YOU'RE COMING WITH ME!

WE KILLED YOU, WE KILLED YOU!!

Comment

doesnt look so good .... looks too synthetic

Comment

Commander Shepard?

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X