The Peanuts Are Heading To The Big Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Peanuts Are Heading To The Big Screen

Charles M. Schulz's classic Peanuts comic strip series featuring Charlie Brown and Snoopy will be be brought to life once again for the big screen! It will be an animated feature set to be developed by Twentieth Century Fox Animation and Blu Sky Studios, so I assume it will be CG animated.

The film is already set to be released on November 25th, 2015, which will mark the 65th anniversary of the debut of the Peanuts gang. It's also the 50th anniversary of the classic animated TV special A Charlie Brown Christmas.

According to the press release sent out, the screenplay has already been written and will be produced by Craig Schulz, son of Charles Schulz, along with his own son, Bryan Schulz and Cornelius Uliano. The movie will be directed by Steve Martino (Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who!, Ice Age: Continental Drift).

I grew up watching the Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the Peanuts, and I love these characters. I'm excited to see how this movie turns out, hopefully they can adapt them for the big screen properly. What do you all think about the peanuts getting a feature film animated adaptation? How do you think the material should be handled?
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X