Scarlett Johansson Hacker Gets 10 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarlett Johansson Hacker Gets 10 Years

A Florida man was sentenced Monday to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to charges in connection to hacking the e-mail accounts of actress Scarlett Johansson and dozens of other celebrities.

Christopher Chaney, 36, of Jacksonville, Florida, had hijacked photos that Johansson took of herself in the nude. They appeared online and showed her looking seductively at a phone camera as she snapped images of her bare breasts while lying on a bed. Another image showed her bare backside, taken as she looked into a mirror.

Chaney told a local Florida news station last year that his hacking began simply as a “curiosity” but soon turned into an addiction for stealing celebrity secrets.

It just happened and snowballed,” he said. “I didn’t know how to stop doing it myself.”

Some of Chaney’s victims also include Christina Aguilera, Mila Kunis and Renee Olstead. Dozens of other victims are identified by initials only.

U.S. District Judge S. James Otero of Los Angeles sentenced Chaney after reviewing a videotaped statement from a tearful Johansson.

Chaney, who used the online nicknames “trainreqsuckswhat,” “anonygrrl,” and “jaxjaguars911,” wasindicted (.pdf) on nine counts of computer hacking, eight counts of aggravated identify theft, and nine counts of illegal wiretapping. His nickname “trainreqsuckswhat” is a reference to another alleged celebrity hacker named Josh Holly who told Threat Level in 2008 that he had hacked Miley Cyrus’ email account and stole suggestive photos of her that were later posted online.

Chaney was able to guess the passwords celebrities used for their email accounts by monitoring their social media accounts for possible clues — such as a pet’s name — that might point to a password.

Once he hacked into a celebrity’s e-mail account, he’d search the celebrity’s contact list for other celebrity e-mail accounts and then target those victims, too. He’d then alter the account settings to automatically forward a copy of any e-mails the celebrity received to an e-mail account Chaney

Wired.com

i got mixed feelings about this one ... i mean ... .................................................

Clearly the judge didn't see the nude pics ...

i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Omar; 12-18-2012, 09:49 PM.

Comment

those pics were worth the time

I Know Death Follows Me
      But
      I'll Murder Him First

Comment

not even normal people who arent famous would send nudes through email

bitch is stupid

and rapists get a smaller jail time

Comment

Yea pretty much her fault from not removing the pics from her phone take em then remove em if ya wanna keep em she should know alot of celebs get hacked 10yrs pretty long time to spend in the clinker lol

Comment

JackV is right, rapists, child molesters, they all get less.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X