Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spike Lee Boycotts The Movie 'Django Unchained.' Sarah Silverman Disagrees With Him &

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spike Lee Boycotts The Movie 'Django Unchained.' Sarah Silverman Disagrees With Him &

Outspoken director Spike Lee recently said he would boycott the movie Django Unchained. Spike told Vibe that he won't watch the slave-era film which stars Jamie Foxx and Leonardo Dicaprio because it would be disrespectful to his ancestors. The word n*gger is used over 100 times in the film.

"All I'm going to say is that it would be disrespectful to my ancestors to see that film," Spike said. "That's the only thing I'm going to say. I can't disrespect my ancestors I'm not speaking on behalf of anybody buy myself."

Spike later clarified his comments on Twitter.

Jewish comedian Sarah Silverman, who is known for her sarcastic and sometimes controversial sense of humor said she is a fan of Spike's, but she disagrees with him on this point.

"Doesn't it take place like during slavery? Wouldn't it be odd if they didn't have that horrific word in it?" she told TMZ. "[Spike's] got a lot of mishegas [craziness] with a lot of art. I think you can't really tell art what to do."

"The word n*gger is used over 100 times in the film"

Correction: The word n*gger is used over 100 times in the every rap song ever made.

I am going to boycott every rap song ever made. Join me!
    It make homos game at females.

Comment

Spike Lee Boycotts The Movie 'Django Unchained.' Sarah Silverman Disagrees With Him &

I'm a big fan of both spike and Quentin's films, however I do find spike slightly hypocritical due to the fact his films have the n word in them

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X