Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Mackie on the Appeal of Playing the Falcon in Captain America: The Winter Sol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Mackie on the Appeal of Playing the Falcon in Captain America: The Winter Sol

Actor explains what the Marvel role means to him.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier will introduce several familiar faces from the Marvel Comics world to the big screen, not the least of which is the Falcon. Anthony Mackie (Gangster Squad, The Hurt Locker) will play the occasional partner of Cap in the 2014 film, and in a new interview he's talking up the role a bit and why it's important to him.

"It’s unfair for little black kids not to have a superhero to look up to," he tells Black Film. "When I got the call about the Falcon that was a no brainer. I feel that this is for a whole generation who has the opportunity to know a superhero like we did. We grew up with Spawn and Meteor Man. Every kid had a pot or can and thought they were Meteor Man, so I’m excited for a bunch of kids to say that I’m the Falcon."

Captain America: The Winter Soldier will be released on April 4, 2014.

I enjoyed the first captain america, so this movie and spiderman 2 are the only two marvel movie i''ll look forward to.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X