New Upstream Color Trailer from Primer Director Shane Carruth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Upstream Color Trailer from Primer Director Shane Carruth

Plus, the filmmaker reveals his next project, The Modern Ocean.

Great. Now my wife isn't gonna want to go see Upstream Color with me because of those pigs! She hates movies that do weird stuff with animals… and Upstream Color is definitely doing weird stuff with animals, judging by this new trailer.

What director Shane Carruth's follow-up to his beloved Primer is doing exactly remains anyone's guess though. The series of teaser trailers that have led up to today's full trailer release have been enigmatic, and this preview is no different. It's mysterious yet enticing, unsettling but absorbing. Watch it here:

Meanwhile, Carruth -- who hasn't released a film since Primer in 2004 -- has revealed to The LA Times that he's already got another movie in the pipeline called The Modern Ocean which he plans to shoot this summer. But his sci-fi film A Topiary, which we've been hearing about for some time, seems to be on the backburner now. Carruth calls it "the thing I basically wasted my whole life on."

The paper also offers this new synopsis for Upstream Color: "In the movie, a young woman (Amy Seimetz) is abducted and seemingly brainwashed via an organic material harvested from a specific flower. She later meets a man (Carruth) and after the two fall for each other, they come to realize he may also have been subjected to the same process."

Perhaps most interesting, The Times also reports that Carruth will be distributing Upstream Color himself. It's premiering at the Sundance Film Festival next week but will be followed with an April opening in New York and Los Angeles, and digital platforms after that. Can't wait!
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X