Brett Ratner's Hercules Has A Release Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Ratner's Hercules Has A Release Date

For those of you who care about Brett Ratner's upcoming Hercules film, Paramount Pictures and MGM have announced that it will be released on August 8th, 2014. Dwayne Johnson will play Hercules in the film, and it is based on the Hercules comic books from Radical Publishing. There were two series; The Thracian Wars and The Knives of Kush, written by Steve Moore with art by Cris Bolsin.

Like many of you, I don't care for Ratner. I don't think he has the talent and vision to pull this movie off, but maybe he'll surprise me - I'm not holding my breath though. I imagine it will end up being just as good as that last Conan movie that was made. If you've seen that film you know that's not a compliment. Do any of you think the Rat has what it takes to make an epic period film like this?

Here's the description of The Thracian Wars, which is the series the movie will be based on:

Fourteen-hundred years ago, a tormented soul walked the Earth that was neither man nor god. Hercules, powerful son of the god king Zeus, received nothing but suffering his entire life. After twelve arduous labors and the loss of his family, this dark, world-weary soul turned his back on the gods, finding his only solace in bloody battle. Over the years he warmed to the company of six similar souls, their only bond being their love of fighting and the presence of death. These men and woman never question where, why, or whom they go to fight; only how much they will be paid. Knowing this, the King of Thrace has hired these mercenaries to train his men to become the greatest army of all time. Hercules begins to question King Cotys' motives when he takes his army out to battle and sees them practice on innocent men, women, and children of their neighbors. Deep in his soul something stirs, but is it enough to stop a mad king and his army of the damned from marching across Greece - or even Olympus itself?!
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X