Who Want's A Gremlins Remake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Want's A Gremlins Remake?

Warner Bros. of course! According to Vulture and their inside sources, the studio is currently in negotiations for Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment to reboot the classic 1984 family horror film Gremlins. This is one of those movies I grew up watching, and it's on my "Don't You Dare Try to Remake!" list. This movie should be untouchable, and hopefully Spielberg ends up saying no to the remake... again.

According to the report negotiations like this have happened several times over the years, but they've never been able to strike a deal with Spielberg. Apparently it's "always proved too daunting a financial prospect and his involvement might simply be a requirement for making the film at all, so don’t hold your breath." The source does add though that this time it might actually happen. I'm not sure what might have changed for Spielberg to say yes this time around.

Spielberg served as an executive producer on the first film, and it was directed by Joe Dante. Some movies I don't mind being remade, but when it comes to a movie like this that played a part in shaping me into the person I am today, it's just hard for me to get behind it. Remaking Gremlins would be like remaking The Goonies for me, it just can't happen. Of course nothing I say can stop it. Hell! Just re-release the movie in 3D or something instead, it would be better than remaking it.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X