Charlie Hunnam To Join Guillermo Del Toro's Crimson Peak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Hunnam To Join Guillermo Del Toro's Crimson Peak

A couple of days ago we reported that Emma Stone was in talks to star in Guillermo del Toro's fun sounding new horror film project Crimson Peak. Today we've learned that Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy, Pacific Rim) is looking to join the film as well! Del Toro is a huge fan of Sons of Anarchy, and he must have enjoyed working with the actor on Pacific Rim because he wants to keep working with him.

There's not a lot of story details on the movie, but we know it's an original ghost story that Del Toro wrote with collaborator Matthew Robbins. The director previously described it as “a very set-oriented, classical but at the same time modern take on the ghost story. It will allow me to play with the conventions of the genre I know and love, and at the same time subvert the old rules.” When talking about the inspiration for the this project he said,

To me that is Robert Wise’s The Haunting, which was a big movie, beautifully directed, with the house built magnificently. And the other grand daddy is Jack Clayton’s The Innocents. I’ve always tried to make big-sized horror movies like the ones I grew up watching. Films like The Omen, The Exorcist and The Shining, the latter of which is another Mount Everest of the haunted house movie. I loved the way that Kubrick had such control over the big sets he used, and how much big production value there was. I think people are getting used to horror subjects done as found footage or B-value budgets. I wanted this to feel like a throwback.

He was also went on to talk about the tone of the film, saying that it's going to be a gothic romance, "It's got a lot of darkness and sound and fury and drama and stormy," he explained. "But at the core of it is a scary movie."

Del Toro is putting together a solid cast for this movie, and I'm excited to see these talents come together to create a horror film for us.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X