Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney confirms it: J.J. Abrams is officially directing the next Star Wars movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney confirms it: J.J. Abrams is officially directing the next Star Wars movie

The ink is now dry on the contracts and it's official: J.J. Abrams will be directing Star Wars: Episode VII. After the flurry of unofficial reports, Disney has issued a press release confirming that Abrams is on board to direct the Michael Arndt-scripted Star Wars film.

Here's the requisite backslapping from the press release:

"It's very exciting to have J.J. aboard leading the charge as we set off to make a new Star Wars movie," said [Lucasfilm president Kathleen] Kennedy. "J.J. is the perfect director to helm this. Beyond having such great instincts as a filmmaker, he has an intuitive understanding of this franchise. He understands the essence of the Star Wars experience, and will bring that talent to create an unforgettable motion picture."

George Lucas went on to say "I've consistently been impressed with J.J. as a filmmaker and storyteller. He's an ideal choice to direct the new Star Wars film and the legacy couldn't be in better hands."

"To be a part of the next chapter of the Star Wars saga, to collaborate with Kathy Kennedy and this remarkable group of people, is an absolute honor," J.J. Abrams said. "I may be even more grateful to George Lucas now than I was as a kid."

The press release also adds that Abrams, his producing partner Bryan Burk, and Bad Robot will be producing the movie with Kennedy and Disney, and that Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter on The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and Raiders of the Lost Ark, will be consulting, as will Simon Kinberg, screenwriter on Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Disney confirms it: J.J. Abrams is officially directing the next Star Wars movie

I can't believe Lucas sold the company! But this is good. Could go either way. I hope to see the force unleashed as a movie!

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
      I can't believe Lucas sold the company! But this is good. Could go either way. I hope to see the force unleashed as a movie!
      Im not much a star wars fan but with JJ Abrams at the helm it will most likely turn out pretty good he is the new Stephen Spielberg of this day in age pretty much as he seems to be attached to alot over the next 5 years weather it be tv or movies and one show did it for him LOST! lol

Comment

I'm very iffy on this, he did a great job IMO on the Star Trek reboot. But Star Wars is a different kettle of fish like they say

Comment

Never watched Star Trek always thought it was gay. I have never seen lost either but I've heard of it. I just hope they move away from the clone wars cgi and use real people for real movies. Episode 7 obviously will be real people. Are they following the storyline of Han and princess having kids and stuff?

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X