Zacary Quinto And Roberto Orci On J.J. Abrams Directing Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zacary Quinto And Roberto Orci On J.J. Abrams Directing Star Wars

J.J. Abrams directing Star Wars: Episode VII is one of the coolest things that could have possibily happened to the franchise. I seriously doubt he'll be back to direct another Star Trek movie at this point, which is a little sad, because he did an awesome job with them! But he's under contract with Paramount to at least produce the next film. I think the cast and crew of the Star Trek franchise have accepted the fact he may not be back to direct them on the Enterptise. In the new issue of EW actor Zachary Quinto and writer Roberto Orci share their thoughts on Abrams taking on the Star Wars universe,

Orci had this to say,

For J.J. this is achieving a childhood dream. Star Wars is what got him in the business. So watching him go to his Super Bowl like this? It’s genuinely joyful for me. [But] as a guy who is in love with Star Trek and in love with this version of it? It puts a scared lump in my throat. It’s like hearing one of the band members is going to do a solo album. I know Star Wars is going to be better for it, and I suspect Star Trek will be fine with the rest of us still here.

Qunito added,

I don’t think anybody feels like he’s going. We feel like he’s growing. J.J. surrounds himself with talented people, and if the day is coming where he has to hand off the director’s chair to someone, then we will all embrace that person and trust that [the new director is] the next best choice. We’re excited that is is being so bold and so declarative about what he wants to do and sees ways to bring his talent to a classic franchise — like Star Trek four years ago — that can use a fresh injection of new perspective. And we all benefit as moviegoers. And he’ll be around. He’ll still produce our movie even if he doesn’t direct it. And maybe there’s some version of this where [an upcoming Trek film] fits in [to the release calendar] in a way where he can come back around as director for us as well.”
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X