Bryan Singer Says’ X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Will Be His Biggest Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Singer Says’ X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Will Be His Biggest Film

Bryan Singer may have dissipated at least some of the rumours surrounding his work on 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' in his recent interview with Collider.

"It’ll be the biggest movie I’ve ever made," he said. "If you try to do every single detail that’s in this story, that can be too much for a movie. But if you can grab the essence of that story and those characters, and then realize it’s a movie it’s not a comic book so there are certain parameters that are different, it’ll still be satisfying to fans and non-fans".

He added that the story is to take place in the 1970s and that one of the characters’ will be Richard Nixon. Also the news on the technological novelty looks very promising: “There’ll also be some more science-fiction-type aspects to the story and, without giving it away, some technology that we haven’t seen yet in the X-Men universe”.

Singer also talked about his ensemble which will be formed out of members from various 'X-Men' installments: “I got the impression that everyone was kind of excited to come back. The actors from X-Men: First Class are contracted to, but the ones I’ve spoken to are very enthusiastic. Jen’s very excited, I’m with Nick these past few days and he’s excited, and Hugh, Ian, Patrick, Anna — they remember we felt very good about those first two X-Men films back then and I think there’s a good feeling about all of us working together again, and I’m very excited to work with the new cast members as a director as opposed to just a producer”.

One more exciting news is that Peter Dinklage (The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian) has agreed to join the cast for a ‘key role', according to Deadline. There are no further information on the role yet.

'X-Men: Days of Future Past' opens in 3D on July 18, 2014.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X